how to take the ugly out of a banshee

yfzut

come on guys, things could be a lot worse than putting yfz plastics on a banshee. He could be a treehugger sitting at home worrying about the "greenhouse gases" and trying to find ways to keep us out of the trails/areas that we like to ride in.

If he wants to put yfz plastics on his banshee let him do it, you build your banshee the way you want, and prove yourself on the hill by roosting him. :bolt:

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

very soon its bye bye for your 2 stroke banshee

Okay, it is very hard to argue with people about this. Take a look at the 250R; Still to this day you can build one from the ground up and they quit making them long ago. The Shee has been around almost 20 years which means the Shee has the most aftermarket capabilities and parts available. You think that company's are going to stop making parts for it because Yamaha doesnt make it anymore? Your straight stupid if you believe that. Far too many people ride a banshee for them to not make parts for them. Get over yourself and realize that just because some 4 Stroke Revolution has come that the 250R, Banshee, and Blaster wont hold a name for theirselves. All of you 4 Jokers underestimate the power of a 2 Stroke, cant handle a powerband because you want smooth delivery...get some skill with the Shee and you can conquer any terrain.

• 1 month later...

Okay, it is very hard to argue with people about this. Take a look at the 250R; Still to this day you can build one from the ground up and they quit making them long ago. The Shee has been around almost 20 years which means the Shee has the most aftermarket capabilities and parts available. You think that company's are going to stop making parts for it because Yamaha doesnt make it anymore? Your straight stupid if you believe that. Far too many people ride a banshee for them to not make parts for them. Get over yourself and realize that just because some 4 Stroke Revolution has come that the 250R, Banshee, and Blaster wont hold a name for theirselves. All of you 4 Jokers underestimate the power of a 2 Stroke, cant handle a powerband because you want smooth delivery...get some skill with the Shee and you can conquer any terrain.

have you rode a yfz, they have alot of snap. the front comes up alot easier on it than my banshee. you dont give the 4 strokes what they deserve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i still think it looks better topped with fresh yfz plastic, well im getting another banshee. really miss my 98. so im going to find me a fixer upper and going to do a nice cub cylinder stroker and have some podercoating fun in red and top it with silver yfz fullbore plastic. just what a good old banshee deserves. :biggrin:

so did you get some pictures of it all together? i think it was a pretty cool idea, and much better than those wack craptor fenders. ha. it looked like you had a pretty clean install goin. i didnt wanna search thru 14 pages so ifu have some pics of it, post them up..

heres some pics after coming back from ls utah, no problems at all and had alot of good comments. still need to build a front bumper. but my brother still wants a 4 stroke.

HPIM1455.jpg

you ruined your banshee that plastic does not look right reminds me of two pigs a fuckin :bomb_ie: all that plastic slowed you down dont race it cause someone might suck the plastic right off that bike

Edited by dishman

• 2 weeks later...