how to take the ugly out of a banshee

yfzut

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

well i think im doing it again, kinda miss the old banshee. and the modded crf450 is looking like somthing to make into a good trade. but if i get another banshee, im ordering up a yfz subframe and maier 1 peice yfz plastic and a tank and seat. then some very heavy modding for the motor and suspension.

thats just fucking wrong...

almost as bad as the banshee with the yfz450 motor....

the banshee is one of the best looking bikes made... y would you ruin it..

you have got to be kidding me, you have a banshee with eyeball headlight covers and a bumper with teeth. sorry but that looks like a chapped ass, and im not trying to put a yfz motor in.

its different becuase of its motor, and is the reason peaple buy it. otherwise they would buy a 250r. you bought your banshee because of its plastic and looks if so your a real fuckhead.

You went too far there. I was on your side until this little post. I like to see people do something different from what everyone else does. Theres alot of people here who are not like that and will do everything they can to make everyone follow the same path. I have too wondered what it would take to put yfz450 plastic on my banshee, however one of the reasons i bought my banshee was because i liked the different look. Sure its got a great motor to go with it. You have managed to shoot your own dick off rather than just ignoring the haters and keep doing your own thing.

Flame on!

edit: i think fullbores are ugly!

/flamesuit on

man this is one of the biggest dispute threats i've seen; some people hating it, some people liking it, me personally i like it, cause it gives it a change , even tho i still think a banshee looks badass the way it is. yea and thats true some people buy it for the looks, some buy it for the motor , but i don't think people buy it for the handling, if you wanted handling you'd buy a 250r, but then again thats why they make after market frames with a 250r geometry. Anyways I think its original because people have already swapped motors in both machines but i have never seen this swap take place. I give you 2 thumbs up for a good swap job. oh and i love that 250 blaster that thing looks so badass

man this is one of the biggest dispute threats i've seen; some people hating it, some people liking it, me personally i like it, cause it gives it a change , even tho i still think a banshee looks badass the way it is. yea and thats true some people buy it for the looks, some buy it for the motor , but i don't think people buy it for the handling, if you wanted handling you'd buy a 250r, but then again thats why they make after market frames with a 250r geometry. Anyways I think its original because people have already swapped motors in both machines but i have never seen this swap take place. I give you 2 thumbs up for a good swap job. oh and i love that 250 blaster that thing looks so badass

thanks, that blaster was a alot of work.

Looks like a 2010 banshee :0 I kinda like it. I would not be able to cope with the 450 seat myself. One of the best thigns on the banshee is our seats are damn comfortable lol. But there is not much you could do about that I suppose. But you job does not look 1/2 assed or anything like that.

I like the classic banshee look, but there is no way in hell that fulbores are ugly. They fix everything yamaha screwed up with the stock banshee plastics (uneven on the sides, need for extra supports, and the flimsy quality, no rivot holes to hide etc, access to radiator). Hell fulbores even have rubber gromits where the bolts go through the rear plastics. Unfortunately they fall a bit short as far as the fit of the front plastics.

the banshee is already no longer made in the u.s. of a. but that doesnt mean that it is old technology. if people buy a used banshee and put suspension upgrade on it. first it will cost less then the yfz and it has so much more potential. people who want a relativly fast atv will go out and buy the yfz but people who want a relativly fast atv that can be built into the fasteds atv will buy a banshee. in my opinion the banshee will live for atleast 20 more years. my opinion of the plastics is that they should be updated buy the problem would be finding something that fits it right. i dont realy like the big gap near the rear end. but hey its your atv.

the banshee is already no longer made in the u.s. of a. but that doesnt mean that it is old technology. if people buy a used banshee and put suspension upgrade on it. first it will cost less then the yfz and it has so much more potential. people who want a relativly fast atv will go out and buy the yfz but people who want a relativly fast atv that can be built into the fasteds atv will buy a banshee. in my opinion the banshee will live for atleast 20 more years. my opinion of the plastics is that they should be updated buy the problem would be finding something that fits it right. i dont realy like the big gap near the rear end. but hey its your atv.

Well banshees might be good technology, but it's definately old technology. But in 20 years you can be like these are the kinds of motors we used to run, Used to cook them up and fry them by the dozen, back in the 70's (Banshee motor is from the 70's....).