Which Premix Oil

Rebel3190

I was going to order some diff Klotz formulas but I was wondering will these heavier oils mix easily in the gas tank itself? I am forced to do this from time to time. I use Amsoil Interceptor now and I have done this on many occasions and not had a problem. Will Koltz?

It would mix just as good. It is a thicker oil but your still mixing it with gas wich thins it down. I would just make sure that you have the fuel turnd off so you dont get strait oil in the carbs. Then I would just stand on the pegs and rock it back and fourth to make sure.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its not Klotz Super Techniplate, then its not being run through my machine plain and simple.

That is the only oil I have ever used since I got my bike. I rebuilt the topend 4 years ago and my bike still runs strong. I run my bike fat at 32:1 just to keep heat down and it is cheaper to replace plugs than pistons.

ok i have been running gold spectrum 50/1 in my bike with 104 octan. wanted to knwo a few things. am i better off running klots technoplates or stayn with what i am using. also am i better off running 42/1 instead 50/1 on my bike. i do a lot of trail ridin, racing every now and then and lots of jumps and wheelies.

and i would also like you opinnion on motor or for my quad. it is a 03 shee. i know not to use synthetic because it will make clutch slip. what what is a good oil to use. and a shee take 10w/30 right.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up some R50, have to get rid of the rest of my amsoil first. I was shied away from the supertechniplate cause it said it was strictly for high rpm racing use only. Wrong??

I think your were looking at Klotz Benol. It says for racing use only.

The supertechiniplate is like 80%R50 and 20% Benol Castor oil.

I agree fully with what u said. I use benol in my banshee and have not had nay problems. I ran out of benol one time and wanted to ride so I used the ''cheap crap'' for one ride and I had a really hard time startin my banshee (1-2 kicks with benol). And the benol burns through so much better. :biggrin:

AmsOil LINK

Look at the specs at the bottom of the page.

Compare them to Klotz Super Techniplate.

Klotz Supertechniplate Data LINK

Amsoil Flash point. 198 deg

Super Techniplate Flash point. 460 deg

Flash point it the temperature where it starts to burn but when the ignition source is removed it will not continue to burn. Fire point is were it starts to burn and will keep burning on it own when the ignition source is removed. Usually the Fire Point is a few degrees higher than the Flash Point

I bet your banshee's cylinders run hotter than 200 deg.

Amsoil Viscosity. cSt @ 40 deg 40.9

Super Techniplate cSt @ 40 deg 200

At 100 deg super techniplate is like 50 weight oil.

Wich one do you think gives a better protective film of oil. I would bet on the thicker one.

Klotz Benol has even higher specs.

Klotz Benol Data LINK

RPM Limit = Unlimited :headbang:

Here is Klotz R50 for the heck of it.

Klotz R50 Data LINK

I am not knocking Amsoil just pointing out some facts.

Klotz's other oils like Motorcycle Techniplate TC-W2 and TC-W3 have specs comparable to your Amsoil Dominator. Just when using oil that can be used for automatic oil injection it is going to be a thiner oil so it can work with the injection pump. I figure that I might as well use a good thicker oil since you dont have to worry about oil injection.

• 4 weeks later...