Which Premix Oil

Rebel3190

I just installed a new set of cylinders bored .100 over and a milled head,these cylinders were run on AmsOil Dominator,now should i run the same oil that these cylinders were run on or should i switch to something else,also what are the advantages of switching to synthetic,another question with my motor at sea level am i going to need to run race gas,and where can i buy it from?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed a new set of cylinders bored .100 over and a milled head,these cylinders were run on AmsOil Dominator,now should i run the same oil that these cylinders were run on or should i switch to something else,also what are the advantages of switching to synthetic,another question with my motor at sea level am i going to need to run race gas,and where can i buy it from?

AmsOil LINK

Look at the specs at the bottom of the page.

Compare them to Klotz Super Techniplate.

Klotz Supertechniplate Data LINK

Amsoil Flash point. 198 deg

Super Techniplate Flash point. 460 deg

Flash point it the temperature where it starts to burn but when the ignition source is removed it will not continue to burn. Fire point is were it starts to burn and will keep burning on it own when the ignition source is removed. Usually the Fire Point is a few degrees higher than the Flash Point

I bet your banshee's cylinders run hotter than 200 deg.

Amsoil Viscosity. cSt @ 40 deg 40.9

Super Techniplate cSt @ 40 deg 200

At 100 deg super techniplate is like 50 weight oil.

Wich one do you think gives a better protective film of oil. I would bet on the thicker one.

Klotz Benol has even higher specs.

Klotz Benol Data LINK

RPM Limit = Unlimited :headbang:

Here is Klotz R50 for the heck of it.

Klotz R50 Data LINK

I am not knocking Amsoil just pointing out some facts.

Klotz's other oils like Motorcycle Techniplate TC-W2 and TC-W3 have specs comparable to your Amsoil Dominator. Just when using oil that can be used for automatic oil injection it is going to be a thiner oil so it can work with the injection pump. I figure that I might as well use a good thicker oil since you dont have to worry about oil injection.

where can you buy the klotz supertechniplate and is it synthetic?

Last time i bought mine from rockymountain. Klotz Super Techniplate is a pure synthetic oil blended with 20% of there Benol Racing Caster Oil. Klotz R50 is a full synthetic that burns really clean. Benol has really good film strength but it is a caster oil and it does not burn as clean as the others. Super Techniplate is supose to be the best of both worlds of synthetic and caster oil.

Super Techniplate at Rocky Mountain LINK

Ive alway ran maxima castor 927 and never had a problem related to the oil.

Maxima 927 is a good oil too. Is is a blend of synthetic oil and caster oil as well.

Maxima 927 Link

i have always ran maxima castor 927 and never had a problem..but like jbooker said its like ford vs chevy......

i used to run techniplate until the dealer here stopped carrying it, they recommended castor 927, ran about 5 tanks through and smells just like klotz, i cant tell a difference between them, other than the color, castor is yellow so you cant hardly tell when you pick up a jug if its mixed or not, but i think its really good oil, and about the same price. i am going to continue to run castor but id go to techniplate if they had it

I just prefer to run a oil that is a heaver weight and has a high flash temperature. These oils are pre mix only. You might notice a little more oil coming out the exhaust pipe. That is becuase it isnt burning and turning to smoke.

Right now i have 2 quarts of Maxama 927 and 2 quarts of Super Techniplate. I run the Super Techniplate all of the time but i bought a 2 quart bottle of the 927, just going to try it.

• 4 weeks later...