Niche Aftermarket Cylinders available at a signifigant discount for willing testers

• 2 months later...

wow  i missed this whole thread...

i just ran across them on ebay  seems there are decent pics over there.. and price not so bad  i'd love to see a listing with JUST the cylinders for around 200-250.

it seems the insides and lower transfer area was cast larger and maybe have more meat for major porting now..

i would like to see a 68mm sleeve or 67.8mm bore sleeve and you can have your builder finish bore them to specific pistons.. or a NICE alluminum sleeve 68mm with GOOD plating

there IS a market for these IF they are at least as strong as OEM>  i myself also enjoy stock cylinders and after you get sleeve's and have them installed its going to be about 300-400 bucks for parts and work  and thats IF you have a good set of cyls to start with..   the pistons that are sold with these LOOK like shit cast pistons.  but they might not be to bad  its so hard to tell without doing some real time onthe setup.  it would be a nice alternate to have available to just cost effective stock replacement. i would personally say leave all the big stroke and weird combo's to the current drag cast setups available and just maybe do the 64mm and 67.8mm bore thick sleeve setups.

it would be great to maybe buy 2-3 sets of these  do some really way out there port work on them and try different port layouts without having a lot of down time.  just flip cyls and run./   just a thought. 

where is the feedback review on these cylinder kits?  :whistling:

In europe they would sell very well as there is very little good second hand cylinders available and junkers regularly advertised for $800 

So if the quality and reliability matches the oem parts then these would do well, it does seem a missed opportunity to have not improved the design and save machining costs down the line

ie: bigger waterways as suggested  

• 2 months later...

Okay. My current cylinders are at 66mm and I'm just a stocker except for pipes and some vforce reeds . I just don't want to spend 428 for another bore on cylinders that are paper thin. So I'm tempted to get a set. But the old sayin is of it's too good to be true then it probably is .. So who knows . Wonder if the niche cylinders are boreable?