WHERE IS THIS SITE GOING?

Wheatchex

you know, theres something funny about this site. somehow we managed to collect a pretty fucking interesting group of people here. there are some characters here that are one of a kind, and you just cant find anywhere else. unless of course those people are members at other sites too...but you know what i mean. for that alone, this site kicks ass.

After having been away and not posting or following the site for several months, I have seen what I inevetably expected.  From the get go Lee (as it seemed to me) has always tried to maintain a place where information about the Banshee has been freely distributed and for the most part been offered cheerfully.  Initially off topic postings were tolerated as long as they were not flames.  When it did occur the flamer was delt with pretty quickly.  Bluebreadtruck, anyone?  For the most part people were treated with respect.  It seems as though that has all gone out the window.  Flaming seems to be rampant as well as a general lack of respect.  This has been on going and has been delt with fairly well up until lately although there have been instances where people who really knew their stuff had had enough and gave up trying.  I like to think that I was able to hang on through most of it.  It is with this forum as it is with other forums with good  intentions, they have their knowlege base diminish over time because of a lack of respect, off topic postings and childish actions of some.  This is to be expected as a site's popularity grows and the people who really cared move on because of the crap that gets posted vs the important information which gathered us here initially.  Having said that, I probably will be frequenting the HQ less and ultimately drop off altogether in the near future.  I might stop in once in a while, hovever I won't be posting.

Lee:  Thank you for having the site available way back when when I needed it most (98 or 99) and allowing me to be a productive member.

For those who I helped:  you are welcome if anything I suggested helped get you out of a jam or clarified your problem.

For those who helped me:  A big pat on the back and a well deserved thank you.

For everyone else: Enjoy what time the HQ has left and treat others with respect and they will in turn respect you.  It doesn't work to expect respect and then decide whether or not give it back.  If only more people would remember the golden rule as it is easy to forget on the net.

It was a fun ride while it lasted.  See you on the dunes or on the trail.

Adios! 

Wheatchex

480118[/snapback]

Honestly wheatie it makes me sad that you feel this way and you're deciding to leave. You've always been a member I would look up to and respect. Your posts were always informative and you were really cool to chat with. What makes me feel bad is that I'm sure I'm one of the people you're talking about. A lot of what's posted is usually in good fun. This is a great site and I've met a lot of good people here and I hope to go riding and hang out with more. Take it easy Wheatchex and thanks for teaching me.

• 1 month later...

LOL i havent been here n a whle and told myself i wouldnt post again but , last tme i was here i kinda said the same thing ! well i relzed that as the site grew it lost a lot off ts charm I am not sure exactly what meber # i am but , I do remember there were some pretty cool people here that are gone So when the next coalfeast :) LOL if you were around then you wll know what am talking about " Meat we have to get that rde gong atleast one more time " OHHHHH and P>S logato that quote you have on the bottom off your signature about beong a big bad moderator defintly needs to go :bolt:

Edited by chase73

P>S logato that quote you have on the bottom off your signature about beong a big bad moderator defintly needs to go

I do agree with you there, kind of like the goverment saying if you bitch about taxes we'll just raise them. Authority should never use their power to belittle and taunt others (it happen in every corrupt organization, so why not here).

If the newer crop of members think we have the wealth of knowledge that this site used to, they are wrong. We do have a couple of reputable builders that we can all be thankful for.

Walt has started lurking aound more :cheers:

Banchetta seems to have moved on to other things, it happens.

Wheatchex, well I guess I don't really need to add anything that this thread hasn't already covered.

Backcountry never seems to come here at all anymore.

Quick, Iride and AllPro, well let's just leave that in the past.

So when the next coalfeast  LOL if you were around then you wll know what am talking about " Meat we have to get that rde gong atleast one more time "

I dunno man, shall we hold another fest ?? I could def pull another one off. :cheers: All the land we held the first CF is now OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FOR OFFROADING :clap: but.... you gotta pay Reading Coal Company $100 a year to ride it. So I don't know how we'd manage that, everyone would prolly have to pay up :shrugani:

I wonder how many guys would be interested in another BHQ group ride in east central Pennsylvania ?

I do agree with you there, kind of like the goverment saying if you bitch about taxes we'll just raise them.  Authority should never use their power to belittle and taunt others (it happen in every corrupt organization, so why not here).

If the newer crop of members think we have the wealth of knowledge that this site used to, they are wrong.  We do have a couple of reputable builders that we can all be thankful for.

Walt has started lurking aound more :cheers:

Banchetta seems to have moved on to other things, it happens.

Wheatchex, well I guess I don't really need to add anything that this thread hasn't already covered.

Backcountry never seems to come here at all anymore.

Quick, Iride and AllPro, well let's just leave that in the past.

499537[/snapback]

I miss quick and iridea250r. Good times. I spent many a night lauging my guts out at what ever it was that happened to be going on (skinny).

:lol:

i think we can only talk about squish rates and rebound settings so long then we have to just shoot the breeze, when someone posts some serious shit they get answers, ive learned tons on this site, when were all just bullshitting and chatting you have what you get, the beauty of it is ....we have both here :cheers:

Edited by Blue Duece

I dunno man, shall we hold another fest ??  I could def pull another one off.  :cheers:  All the land we held the first CF is now OPEN TO THE PUBLIC FOR OFFROADING :clap:  but....  you gotta pay Reading Coal Company $100 a year to ride it.  So I don't know how we'd manage that, everyone would prolly have to pay up :shrugani:

I wonder how many guys would be interested in another BHQ group ride in east central Pennsylvania ?

499565[/snapback]

i would be ready as soon as my drumstick heals. hook it up.

• 5 years later...

I'm assuming that telling the 35th member of the site to "fuck off" is precisely what wheatchex is talking about when he says this place has gone to the shitter.

The site is way different now than how I remember it being when I first registered as a member. Some of it is better but most is worse. Alot of the members dont know what the site was like back then and probably don't care. I really can't explain what it was like, just different and friendlier.

I barely post anymore unless its to help someone out of a jam. If I post anymore than that, someone will ultimately take something I say out of context and start a bitch war. I'm tired of participating in the melees that constantly go on and end up 35 pages long with no one even attempting to reach an agreement.

With that being said, I know I've set myself up for plenty of bashing. All of you with the big egos and foul fingers, go ahead and start the party!

I stand behind you, i got upset when i read that a total newbie is and idiot for asking questions..? Excuse me, but WTF?

I am new here, and new to Banshees in general, i use this forum to get info on my beloved Banshee. I welcome experienced riders that know have to ge a little extra kick out of the machine and how to maintain etc.

I used to be a Swedish pro freestyle BMX rider and have hanged around many forums back in the day and seen their transformation too. For fuck sake, respect each other and use this forum to get in touch with new people with the same interest as you, and also to get the proper knowledge of an more experienced rider. I welcome all with more info on the Shee than me to add me as a friend here. I am glad that you are still around and giving us advice! I know for sure i need it! :-)

Thank you!

@ Banshee-pile

Dude, relax.

You do realize this thread has been dead for almost 5.5yrs.

John, the guy above you, he probably bumped this thread To The Top because he was bored and wanted to see how many people would keep this POS thread going.

I've been active daily, and I mean daily, since March this year, and I haven't seen anything remotely disrespectful in the least bit.

I've seen some pretty stupid NooB threads, but people keep it cool and correct them without any flaming and bashing.

There are a few people on here that like to start shit and eThug, but it usually gets worked out and they get put in their place.

I say, sit back, relax do some searching and reading and you will see who's full of shit, who's cool and who are dicks.

Welcome to the BHQ.

That was perfect Ryan!

Edited by Strm Trpr