who does the best porting?

shee13

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well this has been gone over a few times, but it will all come down to personal preference. I know Jim at passion does a good job. Another builder that also ports said that. So that has to say something. The other builder is James Crowder out of Pearl Miss. That is who will most likely be doing all of mine from now on. Real nice guy takes time to talk to ya and answer any questions.

Let me know if you want to contact him.

I have the gorr port and am very happy with it. I am going to be switching out to cubs before summer hits. I am going to keep my gorr cylinders for if I ever want to go to a trail bike. The gorr port has really good bottom and mid, top aint bad, but not as high as some of the other big-name guys. If you want low end, the gorr port can't be beat.

I got my money and cylinders going out to Jeff at FAST. Been lookin on here a while about this same question and it seems jeff has allot of very satisfied customers. Great guy to talk to, runs you through many options and is very helpfull. I know there are several others that also do great work out there but as Iam sure others would agree, jeff is a very good option.

RIPPEN

Edited by RIPPEN

I do. I only use the finest in butter knives, and plastic spoons to literally carve performance into your cylinders.

They won't let me have sharp objects. Not after that incident with the blow up doll.

451076[/snapback]

Now thats funny there , i dont care who ya are! :jesterlaugh:

Damn, thought i was bad with a chainsaw and a powerake. jk LOL

Shee13, YOur gonna get dozens of names and ideas on here to that question. It has been asked alot. Kind of like asking which is better Ford, Chevy, or Dodge as everyone has there opinions. There are several good builders out there and plenty of work to go around. Try doing a search on this topic or maybe start calling some Performance shops and see who you prefer. Things to consider are, performance, time factor, parts availability, price, CUSTOMER SERVICE, oh AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!! :D

Different types of portwork goes better with certain mods, pipes/carbs, and some builders like to set up a motor a very particular way, or their porting does best for top end or MX, ect applications. Bacally if you already have a lot of mods or a specific range of power you would like to empasise you might ask who specifically is good at this type of setup or just talk to a skilled knowledgable porter like Jim at Passion Racing and he can tell you what else you need and port specifically for the power characteristics you are looking for.