How To Install YFZ450 Shocks On Your Banshee...

Stinger

I have been thinking about doin the swap, but dont wanna ruin my ball joints in the process, ive also thought about installin some front lowering links with the shocks that you can get off of ebay for bout 50 dollars, has anyone tried this or no anything about it, and would that fix the problem with ball joint issue?

• 2 weeks later...
Nice post did you do something to your a-arms they look like they have negative camber on it

409405[/snapback]

No, when I bought it, one wheel had negative camber, I looked all over the suspension and couldn't find the problem. I replaced the bushings figuring that would fix it...nope.

Then, a few weeks later I was riding a wheelie and it landed on the grab bar and I rode it until I was almost stopped...let go and it fell over, bending my upper arm the other side...when I bent it back, I made them even instead of going all the way back to stock ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Howdy all!! first post here. Deffinatly not new to the sport but new to the Shee world.

I have been reading and hearing about this mod and the YFZ brakes as well. I am interested in doing both. My question on these shocks though is this. What is the ride quality like? I have been told the YFZ rides super stiff, Thats not what I want at all. So just curious if that is just the way the factory sets them up or if you want you can soften them up for more plush ride.? Stiff shocks on the dunes suck, It rattles your teeth out when riding. I also do alot of trail riding in rocky terrain. Stiff shocks would have me at the chiropracter's office in NO time! Looks easy to install, but I want to know the advantages and disadvantages ride wise. Thank you and looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Howdy all!!  first post here.  Deffinatly not new to the sport but new to the Shee world.

I have been reading and hearing about this mod and the YFZ brakes as well.  I am interested in doing both.  My question on these shocks though is this.  What is the ride quality like?  I have been told the YFZ rides super stiff, Thats not what I want at all.  So just curious if that is just the way the factory sets them up or if you want you can soften them up for more plush ride.?  Stiff shocks on the dunes suck, It rattles your teeth out when riding.  I also do alot of trail riding in rocky terrain.  Stiff shocks would have me at the chiropracter's office in NO time!  Looks easy to install, but I want to know the advantages and disadvantages ride wise.  Thank you and looking forward to getting to know all of you.

421283[/snapback]

Na spongy at first then fades and gets real hard. So a waste of time and money.

Na spongy at first then fades and gets real hard. So a waste of time and money.

421461[/snapback]

Have you even done this? Do you realize some people can't afford to spend 1000+ on Elkas and such?

To answer your questions, my ride was much softer than stock when I first installed them (had all adjustments all the way soft). Now that I've been hitting some pretty big jumps, I've been adjusting them stiffer and stiffer. Now they are set where they ride about the same as stock but don't bottom out as easy as the stockers.

Also, I ride the shit out of my Shee 2-3 times a week and they haven't faded yet...I don't know where squish is getting his info.

Have you even done this?  Do you realize some people can't afford to spend 1000+ on Elkas and such?

To answer your questions, my ride was much softer than stock when I first installed them (had all adjustments all the way soft).  Now that I've been hitting some pretty big jumps, I've been adjusting them stiffer and stiffer.  Now they are set where they ride about the same as stock but don't bottom out as easy as the stockers.

Also, I ride the shit out of my Shee 2-3 times a week and they haven't faded yet...I don't know where squish is getting his info.

421477[/snapback]

Sounds good to me. Like I said because of my back I dont do alot of air time or anyting and overall comfort with good handeling is on the top of my list. The nonadjustable stock shocks dont cut it for me. My ride is actually pretty good, but I could feel them fading on me this past weekend.

• Like 1