How To Install YFZ450 Shocks On Your Banshee...

Stinger

• 2 weeks later...

I have had mine on for awhile now and have to say they are great. I was going up a dune a few weeks ago and got surprised by a 5 foot drop off at the top. There was no time to hit the gas to bring the front end up to land level, so I did a nose dive. I think if I didn't have the 450 shocks, it would have been ugly!! I don't even think they bottomed out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

shock is too long. It allows the arms to travel beyond what they were intended for. Even on the heim joints the spherical ball will turn past the case wich will allow dirt in between. I have a t pin front end on my r I didnt go out and buy 30 inch shocks because it will travel that far. A longer shock doesnt always mean better ride.

• 1 month later...

I mounted mine today and found the best way to fit everything up was to remove the springs. back the preload nuts all the way back, remove the coil hat and off come the springs real simple.

plus it means that you can fully cycle everything for clearances without having to compress the springs. :flamewar:

Forgot to add: friends grandpa does custom upholstry, so he can sew Like no other. Im thinking of getting some tabs for limitstrap like are used on sand cars. they will limit your down travel, but keep the ball joints from taking all the stresses of the longer shocks. Ill just use those tabs at the shock bolts and have him sew in some mil-spec webbing from a climbing shop and I should be good to go. I figure ill just use the same overall eye to eye length as the factory shocks. Ill post up when Im done.

Edited by gimmeabeer

• 1 month later...

Where are you guys putting the settings on these things. I am particularly interested in folks with +2 +1 Arms that ride in the dunes. I love my shocks but I keep wondering if they could be adjusted better. A suspension tuning professional, I am not.

stock rebound, 8 clicks in on compression, i just played with the preload till i liked it.

but thats stock arms.

just play with it man. find whoop sectiopn or a jump you can hit consistently and do comp one click at a time, and then do rebound one click at a time. shouldnt take too long.

• 1 month later...

I finnaly got my shocks on :clap: ...i like em but still trying to dial them is until i get +2+1 arms :beer:

Like some one said b4....grabem stickem in and cut what ever fu*ckin rubs...awsome "how too" :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Edited by savage420