How To Install YFZ450 Shocks On Your Banshee...

Stinger

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed the YFZ shocks on my shee last week, and I am 100% satisfied. I think that for the money you will spend, (in my case $200) and the time it takes, you cannot go wrong. I use my shee for MX and used to bottom out almost every jump if i didn't land it perfectly, but with the YFZ's, it soaks it up much more. I just wanted to post this for all the people who are in doubt about this set-up, it does work.

Also, props to the guy who made this post and the "How-to", it is perfect and I second that it should be stickied.

Na spongy at first then fades and gets real hard. So a waste of time and money.

421461[/snapback]

i thought that if it were to fade it would be come softer and bottom out easier, so how do they get real hard?

i am surprized you have not reposted with your expination on this, hope to hear your real world advice on this one!

when i had my warrior, i broke a shock out at little sahara, no one had any, and this was my first time at the dunes. to make it worse, it was the first day of a 3 day weekend, so i looked for cheap altenitive, ended up with a set of raptor shocks, had to force them in, rode better, jumped better. i loved them, it did meke my bike sit up higher, but i never had any trouble, if i had the 450 shocks on there, i bet it would have been that much better..

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking about extending the stock arms by sleeving in a 2 in long peice of tubing same OD as factory arms, then the shock mount will be 2 inches further out, so then wouldnt the yfz shocks work fine, then I could just either clearence the everything or cut the old lower shock mounts off and make new ones with a higher bolt hole. Also what about the rear shock does the stocker work as good as the YFZs or doesnt anyone have a problem with the rear shocks ride or bottoming out?

• 1 month later...

so why hasnt anyone explained this whole balljoint deal. Im realling looking into this because Im not liking the ride I get out of the front shocks when going over small fallen trees and when hitting sharp ruts and stuff, jumping isnt bad because the bike lands more level and the shocks seem to work well together, but when you land on the front or the front hits a bump or such they seem be pretty harsh. I dont want to go any wider because Ive got barely an inch on either side through some spots on the trails, and the viable way I see spending the dough on a good set of shocks is when your switching to wider a arms to complete the whole handling set up. So the El cheapo 450 shocks seems like a great alternative.

• 2 weeks later...

That was a great post!, I think the HQ should have a how to section!!

Did the conversion and it's nice, Good quality shock IMO.