How To Install YFZ450 Shocks On Your Banshee...

Stinger

the problem is clearance on the lower a arm mount, and the frame mount. because the shock has a reservor and its cast pretty large. you have to take some material off the shock mount just below where the shock goes into the frame. I will pull mine off and send some pics.

some one here posted pics on hohw to do it some where. if you search bhq. you canprob find it already posted.

Okay I got the shocks.

What tool can I use to loosen the large flat nuts on the top of the spring to shorten the shock.

Also, since I do not want to grind on the shock, does anybody see any problems with elongating the lower mount bolt hole. I plan to go to aftermarket arms later so I really want to keep the shocks unaltered.

:notworthy::notworthy:

Okay I got the shocks.

Also, since I do not want to grind on the shock, does anybody see any problems with elongating the lower mount bolt hole.  I plan to go to aftermarket arms later so I really want to keep the shocks unaltered.:notworthy:  :notworthy:

468298[/snapback]

You don't have to grind anything on the lower half of the shock anyways. Just the rear lip off of the mount on the lower A arm. Read the pictures that started this thread and there should be no problems whatsoever.

Some of you guys are asking the same questions over and over. I don't want to grind this.. blah Either be a man and grind some off to make it fit, or go spend $700+ and buy some aftermarkets that fit properly.

Sorry to rant, but the "how-to" thread should have been stickied and locked a long time ago.

Okay I got the shocks.

What tool can I use to loosen the large flat nuts on the top of the spring to shorten the shock.

A coilover spring adjustment tool works pretty well...I got mine off ebay for like 15 bux...

Somebody forgot to change their tampon

468313[/snapback]

well if that's the case, then someone needs to grow some balls. grind that shit off and make it work. I wasn't bitching at you, just in general this thread is getting repetitive.

Let's not get in some big chat board fight so we'll stop here.

Sorry to rant, but the "how-to" thread should have been stickied and locked a long time ago.

468300[/snapback]

I asked the mods to do that a few months ago but it never happened...