Shaving Plastics

Dinner

I have a friend who shaved his front plastics on his Z400, and he says he gained 10 km/h just from cutting them. I like the looks of cut fenders on banshee's so im thinking of doing mine, just the fronts for now...so will i get more speed, or just get to the top quicker...he's telling me ill gain at least 10 km/h???

how bout 6 mph ...kilometers? is that like a jigawatt ?  :blink:  i suspect your friend is hopelessly addicted to  methamphetamines

454329[/snapback]

Are you serious? You don't know what a kilometer is? :huh:

Cutting your fenders does not allow you to go faster...your friend is blowing smoke up your arse :cheers:

yea i figured he was full of shit..just wanted to see what you guys would say..lol..well in Canada we use kilometers.. :P lol

Edited by Dinner

I am going to go out on a limb here. But cutting those huge ass fenders off the front will lower your coefficient of drag. It will raise you top speed some but 10 km/h? more like 1-2 km/h.

Aerodynamics play a huge role in top speed. Want to go faster? cut aero drag down.

Racer taping the front of my Chevelle, removing the mirrors, putting plexiglass over the rear window recess, a full belly pan, raising the rear of the hood and blocking the radiator hole 75% raised my top speed from 157 to 172.

I figured it would help a little but not as much as 10 km/h like me friend was saying..do you guys just use a jig saw to cut them?

I imagine it cuts on drag. Maybe a fraction or so of speed in a drag. More if it's a super fast bike. LOOKS better for sure.

I used a dremmel. Kinda messy. Threw molten plastic around. My brother used a fresh hacksaw blade. Finsih with sand paper

:rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  man your friend is a dumb ass i dont know about metrics but the most your going to get is maybe if your super lucky is 1mph faster just cause of less drag/resistance but dont count on a whole new quad just by cutting the fenders  :P

455657[/snapback]

oh i know i wont get a new quad out of cutting the fenders :P im doing it for the looks....just thought id get you guys laughing at my friend...he thinks he will ruin anything out there on his Z400 :huh: