Shaving Plastics

Dinner

I figured it would help a little but not as much as 10 km/h like me friend was saying..do you guys just use a jig saw to cut them?

455448[/snapback]

Tin snips work great. used them to cut plastics when i put t-6's on. easy to control and cuts smooth. still clean up cuts with sandpaper if needed. theres all different styles of snips so use whichever will work best for your cut. :rotflmao:

i actually used a utility blade with a new razer... and that worked great.. a little harder but the cuts were smooth and if i sliped i didnt hack off what i didnt want to like i would have with a jig... i would just a slower cutter than a jig that way yu can easily follow the lines and stuff.. also its a good idea to mark where you want to cut with a marker... then you have a line to stay by

i actually used a utility blade with a new razer... and that worked great.. a little harder but the cuts were smooth and if i sliped i didnt hack off what i didnt want to like i would have with a jig... i would just a slower cutter than a jig that way yu can easily follow the lines and stuff.. also its a good idea to mark where you want to cut with a marker... then you have a line to stay by

456613[/snapback]

A utility knife is sharp/strong enough to cut the plastic, maybe ill use that then, and yea i was going to draw lines so i know where im cutting, did you have to sand the edges when you were done or did it do a good enough job

Edited by Dinner

All good ideas :headbang: ...yea i think im going to try the utility knife, and if i cant seem to get that to work, ill use a hacksaw, and sand it down

Use electrical tape.  You can place and replace.  leaves no residue/sticky stuff and it bends to make a curve.

456814[/snapback]

Did you just use the electrical tape as your lines, or did you put the electrical tape down, then followed that with a pencil/marker..sorry for all these questiongs just dont want to hack it up too bad :cheers:

Did you run your friend on his Z400? You should be able to smoke him and then he will quite down :D

458120[/snapback]

Not yet, sometime though :cheers: