R Cheetah cubs trail friendlyl

I agree...buying a set of cubs and "de-tuning" them to make them trail friendly is like buying a turbo for your car only to run 2 pounds of boost :blink:  What's the point? If you're going to spend that much on a set of cylinders why not open them up as much as possible to achieve the highest possible HP, etc.?

355146[/snapback]

exactly. i can send a set of stock cylinders off to get a $225 woods port from gorr and i will out run anyone with a set of cubs in the woods gauranteed. if you are gonna get the cubs they might as well be all ported out and as fast as you can get them.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't lose more than 5-10 hp reconfiguring the power band to make it more trail rider friendly. Oh well whats the use with arguing with people that don't know squat. Genius has it's limits but stupidity has no end.... see ya guys

He won't lose more than 5-10 hp reconfiguring the power band to make it more trail rider friendly. Oh well whats the use with arguing with people that don't know squat. Genius has it's limits but stupidity has no end.... see ya guys

355269[/snapback]

That's real intelligent....since we have different opinions you call us stupid? :shootself: That's OK, you go spend a small fortune on your "de-tuned" cheetah cub cylinders, I could care less how you spend your money. I'd rather spend my money where it counts :cheers:

I have never seen so many grown men whining and crying like a bunch of sissys about having too much power. This place is full of pansy ass trail fags scared of real power. Damnit I cant believe I am reading this stuff. So and so is going to go faster through the woods with less power. faster than who, are you saying you will beat every cub banshee through the woods. Thats not gonna happen, you may beat some, but that could be rider ability.

A woods port making more power than a cheetah. Do you guys have any common sense. Power, suspension and brakes will determine how fast you girls ride through the woods, not less power. A cheetah roasting the tires all down the yellow brick trail will leave a stock cylinder behind. A cheetah with stock pipes and stock carbs makes 65hp, your corny ass woods port makes 58 with exhaust and 33mm carbs. So you save a couple bucks, big deal, Im happy for you, go buy your carbs and exhaust or get your kids some diapers or somthing, you still have a weak ass woods port.

welcome ladies to the BHQ national trail races.

ok riders get your gear and ride through the woods and get your shit muddy as hell and keep your speed down, we dont want anybody to get hurt. the winner of the trail races will receive a big fuckin atttaaah boy and a pat on the back.

Edited by noob41

I have never seen so many grown men whining and crying like a bunch of sissys about having too much power.  This place is full of pansy ass trail fags scared of real power.  Damnit I cant believe I am reading this stuff.  So and so is going to go faster with through the woods with less power.  faster than who, are you saying you will beat every cub banshee through the woods.  Thats not gonna happen, you may beat some, but that could be rider ability.

anyday you wanna bring some cheetah cubs and go against me in the wood on a trail ported bike ill whoop your ass everytime. come ride my trails. you wont hang for a minute. like ive said in numerous other posts rider abaility will make or break a bike. ive been riding for 19 years in tight technical woods. like i said, give me a 55 hp woods ported bike and ill tear you up on your cheetah cub 90 hp bike.

A woods port making more power than a cheetah.  Do you guys have any common sense.  Power, suspension and brakes will determine how fast you girls ride through the woods, not less power.  A cheetah roasting the tires all down the yellow brick trail will leave a stock cylinder behind.  A cheetah with stock pipes and stock carbs makes 65hp, your corny ass woods port makes 58 with exhaust and 33mm carbs.  So you save a couple bucks, big deal, Im happy for you, go buy your kids some diapers or somthing,  you still have a weak ass woods port.

where did anyone say that woods ported cylinder will make more power? i didnt say that. i dont need more power than you to stomp your ass no problem thru the woods. in fact id rather have less power with a better rpm range for trail riding.

ok riders get your gear and ride through the woods and get your shit muddy as hell and keep your speed down, we dont want anybody to get hurt. the winner of the trail races will receive a big fuckin atttaaah boy and a pat on the back.

355285[/snapback]

:lol: like i said, you dont have to have 90hp to go fast. i can go just as fast, and faster with less power. rider has a lot to do with it. you close to MO? ill show you what im talking about.

SDD, youre about a gay fuck. you are like all the other whiny bitches that complains cuz ppl have an opinion. get over sunshine. if you dont wanna hear opinions then dont read it. this is an open forum, be prepared to take criticism and opinions.

I have never seen so many grown men whining and crying like a bunch of sissys about having too much power.  This place is full of pansy ass trail fags scared of real power.  Damnit I cant believe I am reading this stuff.  So and so is going to go faster with through the woods with less power.  faster than who, are you saying you will beat every cub banshee through the woods.  Thats not gonna happen, you may beat some, but that could be rider ability.

A woods port making more power than a cheetah.  Do you guys have any common sense.  Power, suspension and brakes will determine how fast you girls ride through the woods, not less power.  A cheetah roasting the tires all down the yellow brick trail will leave a stock cylinder behind.  A cheetah with stock pipes and stock carbs makes 65hp, your corny ass woods port makes 58 with exhaust and 33mm carbs.  So you save a couple bucks, big deal, Im happy for you, go buy your kids some diapers or somthing,  you still have a weak ass woods port.

355285[/snapback]

Nobody said you couldn't ride it in the trails dumbass, the point we're trying to get across is the fact that it's not practical. Since your such a man why don't you go spend a 1200 bucks on a set of cylinders to trail ride with and prove us ladies wrong :yank: Show me the trail you're gonna ride that'll allow you to even hit 6th gear WOT with a set of cubs...Why don't you be the first one to show us how "trail-friendly" a set of cheetah cub cylinders can be if you're so convinced they'd be good to ride through the woods. Since we're all a bunch of dumbass ladies why don't you show us how easy they are to control in the trails :shootself:

ive been riding for 19 years in tight technical woods.

355294[/snapback]

This dude can't be serious, so what, you've been riding tight technical trails since you were 3? Hey guess what, your a loser. A properly set up 300ex will beat a banhsee in tight trails, it doesnt take much. You guys like the trails so much because some nobody that barely knows how to ride, but can go thru the gears will whip your ass in a drag race. So you tell them come to the trails so you can beat them. What a girl. like I said, a 300ex has the potential to beat a banshee in the woods, its not a big deal. A true race of what something is all about is from point a, to point b in a straight line. trail riding has to many variables and doesnt take much money, it just takes alot of time to get good at, apparently 19 years. I'll look you up in 19 yrs so we can "trail race" :)

Edited by noob41

Who are you talking about??? I know it cant be PassionRe!! Ive got mine tuned great now and it doesnt bog...Runs great, does exactly what I built it to do. Also if you do a search Jim responds to a lot of posts with helpfull info.

354978[/snapback]

my bad..i read this and posted that. Had passion on the brain when I knew it was Dan at patriot.

what the fuck are you all talking about? that was dan wade from patriot racing.

And as for that, you can go fuck yourself. Simple accident. :yank:

This dude can't be serious, so what, you've been riding tight technical trails since you were 3?  Hey guess what, your a loser.  A properly set up 300ex will beat a banhsee in tight trails, it doesnt take much.  You guys like the trails so much because some nobody that barely knows how to ride, but can go thru the gears will whip your ass in a drag race.  So you tell them come to the trails so you can beat them.  What a girl.  like I said, a 300ex has the potential to beat a banshee in the woods, its not a big deal.  A true race of what something is all about is from point a, to point b in a straight line.  trail riding has to many variables and doesnt take much money, it just takes alot of time to get good at, apparently 19 years.  I'll look you up in 19 yrs so we can "trail race" :)

355310[/snapback]

What a fag. You have no clue what you talking about. Go get your 300 and meet him on the trails. Walk it if your going to talk it.

Sure a true race is from point a to point b. Congratulations. You aren't as stupid as you are making yourself look. Not sure how a straight line is the only way to tell what something has. Sure you will get some bike faster than others, but obviously you don't know shit about that either. there are a TON of variables in a drag racing set-up. Doesn't take much money? Have you seen the money those guys have in there bikes. comparable to a drag bike any day.

This dude can't be serious, so what, you've been riding tight technical trails since you were 3?  Hey guess what, your a loser.  A properly set up 300ex will beat a banhsee in tight trails, it doesnt take much.  You guys like the trails so much because some nobody that barely knows how to ride, but can go thru the gears will whip your ass in a drag race.  So you tell them come to the trails so you can beat them.  What a girl.  like I said, a 300ex has the potential to beat a banshee in the woods, its not a big deal.  A true race of what something is all about is from point a, to point b in a straight line.  trail riding has to many variables and doesnt take much money, it just takes alot of time to get good at, apparently 19 years.  I'll look you up in 19 yrs so we can "trail race" :)

355310[/snapback]

haha you have obviously never seen any of my riding videos ive posted up on here. yes ive been riding since i was 3. a properly set up 300ex?? are you for real? i love riding trails. its tons of fun. and i can also drag race, in case you didnt know. thats basically what we do in our hillclimbs. prolly never seen any of them videos huh? or how about any of our drag race videos? hmm, yea maybe u should check them out b4 you lip off. anytime you are feelin froggy meet up with me. we can drag race, hillclimb, trail ride..anything you want. ill beat you from point a to b on flat ground, hills or we can make a point a and point b in the trails and see who gets there first.

its all good man. if you wanna spend 1200 bucks on cheetah cubs to trail ride then go ahead. but for about 250 bucks you can have a very friendly trail setup that will walk on a cheetah cub setup anyday in the woods. you might ask how do i know this? well gee, i have a cub motor and we had a trail ported motor. weve done the riding. we know whats goin on. no big deal if you dont believe me. but please promise me one thing. anytime you are anywhere near KC, MO pleeeeease look me up. im not far from there i would love to do some riding with you. :cheers:

I think it would be interesting to see a dyno run of the Cubs set up as Dan explained above. I don't think anyone here doubts Dan's knowledge. This can be argued over and over and it's still all speculation.

Who knows, maybe if the timing can be altered that much, this may be the next big thing for ALL Banshee riders. I'm not going to say it can't be done, when the cylinders have been out for what, a month? It took them almost two decades to finally ring all the HP out of a stock set of jugs. Why are we saying these jugs can never do something after a month of development?

If the exhaust port can be brought down some, these things should pick up plenty in the midrange. Unfortunatley, these cylinders have a port arrangement that is so superior to Banshee jugs, that they will probably figure out set ups on these to out perform stock jugs everywhere.

I'm speculating myself here, but I am keeping an open mind about what these can do, after all the are just powervalveles Cheetahs.

im no motor guru ,but i can say this much :small displacement parralel twin 2 strokes make their power from midrange on up ,in order to get the high numbers on them it takes alot of duration and high timing which makes you lose bottem end and hopefully try to regain it through higher compression . to take an aftermarket cylinder and try to lower the timing seems very dumb to me it will not be making the power like you think ,and you gotta remeber the intakes, boysen auxilarys, boost porting,and transfer on the cubs are gonna be setup for max flow for high rev duner/drag applications

regardless what billy ,smokey, danny or suzie says its gonna be down on power and a waste of money IMO to drop the timing, then youll lose compression which takes away torque and a 2 strokes way of making a wide usuable powerband. for a qaurter of the price of a cheetah any mild midrange trailport done by a good builder, i would think would be more ideal for woods riding . and would someone please post the dyno of the stock bore/stroke stock carbed,and stock piped banshee with the cheetah that makes 65hp??? sounds a tad far fetched to me... maybe with a 4 millimeter long rod. <_<

Edited by rocketboy