R Cheetah cubs trail friendlyl

only on the internet...

Im gonna go with give the cheetah cubs a try on this one. I bet Dan Wade knows what hes talking about, sound like they could be a real pisser of a woods engine with some work....it could be the next best thing since the 4 mil stroker. Yes not as inexpensive as say a gorr woods port, but it could be way better....If only I didnt dump 1200 into a stroker last year Id be tempted to try these :clap:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and would someone please post the dyno of the stock bore/stroke  stock carbed,and  stock piped banshee with the cheetah that makes 65hp??? sounds a tad far fetched to me... maybe with a 4 millimeter long rod. <_<

355392[/snapback]

read this post, it was on sandtrax dyno it made 70+hp at the wheels on gas with stock carbs, +5 timing, noss head and vforce 2

http://www.planetsand.com/ubbthreads/showf...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

what the fuck are you all talking about? that was dan wade from patriot racing.

And as for that, you can go fuck yourself. Simple accident. :yank:

355327[/snapback]

jeez. gonna kill a guy for stickin up for passion.

SDD-

You know what, lately youve been talkin about how Loco shouldnt ever voice his opinion and no one wants to read what he types.. What the fuck makes you think people wanna read ur opinion? Just the other day I was in the chat room and I was talkin about my 450, and you come back with some smartass comment when I wasnt even talking to you sayin how 4 strokes are the worst thing in the world blah blah blah, only pussies ride 4 strokes blah blah blah. What makes you think I wanted your opinion on 4 strokes? I didnt ask you. You know, if you are gonna voice your opinion, you should be open to other peoples opinion. Everyone is talkin about how this place is goin down hill, it's people like you that think they know every fuckin thing and you dont think anyone else is right but yourself. Or maybe is it because you are a CUB dealer and you are sticking up for your product? Are you trying to trick people into buying them by telling them they are awesome trail cylinders? Be truthful. You used to be a pretty cool guy, but this macho bullshit thinkin you know everything there is to know about banshees is stupid. Just cause someone doesnt know exact port numbers means they are clueless to banshees? Hate to tell you buddy, but the average banshee rider could give a fuck less about their port timing. It's riding what people care about. You always talk about how this forum is the shits, why dont you leave and go somewhere else? Im sure you wont be missed. Have a nice day.

If you want a good trail motor and are just dying to spend some money, why not just buy the PV Cheetahs? Thats the purpose of the powervalve. It alters the timing of the exhaust port with the rpm of the motor. Gives you good low end like a trail bike at low rpm but opens up at higher revs giving you top end power of a drag bike. Please don't argue with me about this, I know you want to. If it didn't work I doubt that every motorcycle manufacturer in the world who builds an MX or enduro bike would still be using them. Using cubs in the woods would be comparable to rock crawling with a motor from a pro stock drag car. It may be possible but it won't be fun. The cubs were built with top end power in mind. They are an affordable way for the average guy to have a fairly inexpensive drag bike. I'm thinking of buying a set myself, as my bike is no longer trail ridden, I now have a Grizzly for that purpose. Mine will only be seeing sand from now on, and I think the cubs would be an excellent way of making relatively cheap power. My 2 cents, either put it in your pocket or throw it in the street but don't fucking argue with me.

ED, sorry about that last reply, I forgot this comp was logged in in your name.

I didnt ask you. You know, if you are gonna voice your opinion, you should be open to other peoples opinion.

Did I ask for your opinion on this thread? I'm debating the trail worthy qualitys that Cub cylinder have.

Everyone is talkin about how this place is goin down hill, it's people like you that think they know every fuckin thing and you dont think anyone else is right but yourself.

If I have experience with a particular subject I will answer just like you would. If I don't know I won't answer... go back and look through my posts dipshit. You'll see this for yourself.

Or maybe is it because you are a CUB dealer and you are sticking up for your product? Are you trying to trick people into buying them by telling them they are awesome trail cylinders? Be truthful.

You want the truth here it is. I was thinking about selling Cubs since I talk to the manufacturer as well as a few builders in a voice chat every Tuesday. The only way to get a good discount on these cylinders is to buy at least 10 of them. I don't know about you but I don't have the cash to drop on 10 Cub cylinders and then hope someone would buy them. I asked around trying to see how much interest I could get into buying them. Only 3 guys PMed me and said they had the money and wanted them. 3 is not enough to be worth buying 10 don't you think? I do know that the port timing is not all that radical. This is why I was asking your brother for porting numbers. I was going to compare your guys porting specs with the cub cylinder to show you that the timing isn't that much different. The problem with the stock cylinder is the transfer port tunnels. They suck flat out no argueing that fact. The cubs are optimized in this area and that is what makes the have way more power than the stock cylinders no matter how much work you try to do to the stock cylinders. The cub cylinders are new and most builders are building them up to make the most power since that is the hardest thing to do.

If I decide to leave HQ it will be because I want to not because a person like you tells me to. Sure I've been "whining" about lame people on the board. To me there has been a recent influx of newbies that are bringing down this board. I have noticed this on other boards lately as well. Don't believe me look at this post on PS

http://www.planetsand.com/ubbthreads/showf...rt=1#Post306922

Builders used to answer these types of questions. Lately they won't even post on these threads.

Oh well there is no need to reply since this is just my lame opinion.

SDD[/b]' date='Apr 15 2005, 03:59 PM']

To me there has been a recent influx of newbies that are bringing down this board.

Ya no, I just asked a simple question. I asked it because I am a newbie to the Banshee and didn't know the answer. I don't have a clue as to what the inside of my motor looks like, or what my timing numbers are. But just like everything else in my tiny little world I ask questions to figure out how it works then I tear it apart. I do have a little money to throw at my bike and wanted to know if I did buy these cylinders what would I be losing and what would I be gaining. And apparently after wading through all of the waist deep testosterone in here I guess if I did this I would be making my bike a dune dragger, and not trail friendly until I learn how to take corners at very very high speeds. But I wouldn't have known that if I didn't ask the questions...........

Now as a NEWBIE, I wouldn't have known this until after I spent the money, so I asked people who know the answers, which is why I thought this forum was here to begin with. Everyone who answers my posts are usually pretty knowledgeable and are usually more than willing to help, which I appreciate immensely (dlnoss, boonman, loco, etc.) :notworthy: . But for you to come on and post that us NEWBIE'S are bringing down the site is asinine (should be ASSinine). If it weren't for newbies like me you wouldn't have anyone to race.

But hey, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and restate this, after reading your post a second time perhaps you meant to say that about the newbies that come on here and spout off information that is wrong and make it sound like they know what they are talking about. But then again you said NEWBIES putting us all in the same category. For all the rest of you who gave good advice and shared experience, thanks for the info it is helping people like me out a lot. :cheers:

Edited by Animalman294

at first i wasnt gonna say shit about this but the more i think about it this really pissed me off. so after careful consideration i thought id post so that all could see..this was my reply to SDD after he pmed me the other night. all is as it was when i sent to him. i havent changed anything. even after he called me names i even offered to help him out...check it out...SDD is in quotes...

If you want to bash me directly why don't you do it through PM's like I'm going to do right now. My opinion is not just an opinion but it knowledge from years of studying two stroke motors. What is your knowledge from???

when did i say you didnt have knowledge? did i ever? i know you have a lot of knowledge as ive talked to you in the chat before and seen your posts. thats not under debate here. my knowledge is from riding experience. ill admit to anyone i dont know shit about port timing and all that. im not worried about all that. my experiecnes with different types of motors comes from years of riding. i have a cub motor now and my opinion is that it would not make a good trail motor. simple as that. if i were to start from scratch and wanted to build a trail motor i would spend the 250 bucks and have gorr port my cylinders, not spedn 1000+ on a cheetah cub setup. is it a crime that i want to share this info with others?

Do you just repeat things like my signature says... because I know you don't know shit. Just look at your Passion motor you had so many problems with. Yeah I know they are hard to tune if you don't know what your doing and don't have the patients to try different things. I know from experience that they do run ok if you take the time to dial them in. They are hard to tune because of the timing issues from different parts being used by different people.

i fucked with that stupid ass motor for well over 6 months. i talked to jim, proquad, BD and others about the jetting issues. i got help from no1 including jim. who are you to say i didnt take my time on it? there are guys out there that have had their longer than me who cant get them tuned right. i guess they are all just as dumb as me? and most of them had the same setup as me with the exception of pipes. im sorry but if it takes that many people more than 6 months to tune an engine, there is a problem with the porting itself not the person trying to tune it.

Your experience with motors is a joke. I have followed shit you have said for over a year now... if something doesn't work like you want it to you pawn it off onto some other HQ'er.

how is it a joke? ive ridden on and worked on a lot of motors. i just dont know port numbers and all that. that makes my experience a joke? do you really think i win all these hillclimbs because i cant tune a motor? i dont think so. yes its true, i got rid of those cylinders. that person knew what they were getting and wanted them. they werent pawned off. maybe i dont know what the definition of pawned off is?? and by the way, those are the only cylinders ive ever sold on HQ. so what was pawned off?

I know you've been posting in the cub threads because you believe your opinion matters to everyone on this site. You don't know what makes a bike rideable. You did read that I said what makes a bike rideable is a wide power band. You repeated this yourself in the thread a few posts after mine. So are you agreeing that you don't know what makes a motor rideable like I have been saying all along. Quit tring to pretend you know what your talking about when it comes to motors.

my opinion does matter to A LOT of people. most people dont know ANYTHING about port timing numbers. they leave that to the builders, thats what they pay them for. most people want first hand experience with these engines. thats what i give them. i know perfectly well what makes a bike rideable, i just have a different opinion that you of whats more rideable in the woods. i agree a wide powerband is good. i just dont think one that comes on at 6000 is good for trails riding. i rode that cub motor in my trails and it was not very friendly. i rode my brothers woods ported bike a lot in the trails and it was very very easy to ride. power came on down low at about 4000 and pulled on up to 9000. that was a super easy and fun bike to ride in the trails, the cub motor wasnt. theres my experience with them. like it or not.

As far as me whining, if you think thats what I've been doing thats fine that your opinion. I know you have quite a large ego that you have to protect on HQ since a lot of people like bansheeke look up to you. Isn't it funny that a nationally know builder with tons more experience than you and I put together comes on HQ and tells you that YOUR FUCKING WRONG. You and bansheeke still are trying to play it off like well I would still run a woods port because it would be easier to ride. If you want easy to ride GO BUY A 4 STROKE YOU PUSSY. I hope you don't mind me coming in to threads you reply on to make fun of your immense knowledge of two stroke motors and Banshee's in general.

yes i think youve been whining and i believe it all started with the DD thing. well thats over with and im done with it. i dont have a large ego, but there are alot of people on this site that like to hear my opinions on things. how do i know this? i get at least 5 pm's a day regarding different engine setups, pipes, carbs and whatever else. most of them i have never even seen post before. they must ask me for some reason. its more than likely because i do all types of riding and have had many types of different engines. im not playing off anything. i wouldrather run a woods port in the trails and a cub motor for duning and dragging. theres nothing to play off, thats how i feel and it wont change. and i do have a 4 stroke by the way. man you can come to my threads any time you want. i will disagree with you all day, it doesnt matter to me.

on a side note. try to keep an open mind about this....

if im not mistaken you sell these cub cylinders? im pretty sure i saw a post where you were gonna sell them. thats good, i think there needs to be more guys like you sellin them because alot of ppl dont wanna fuck with these big builders who dont have time for them. this could seriously make you some good business. i dont know if you saw the clutch threads or not but i recommended the FAST racing street bike clutch kit to some guys here. Jeff from FAST racing sent me a pm on PS lettin me know that monday he sold 3 clutches to guys from HQ because i recommened it, and had several others call about it. not trying to be a smartass but guys here definetely do listen to me. anyway, what im gettin at is that this arguing about it is going nowhere because i have my opinions and you have yours. instead of arguing about it why not promote the cubs for what they really were meant to do, drag race. agree or no?? i mean everywhere i haveread about them talkes about dragging them, so thats what the average joe who is looking at cylinders is thinking. why not try and sell them that way. if you want business im sure that i could help you get them things sold. ray, told me he gets tons of guys asking him about rockets because they have pmed me. like i said im not trying to be a smartass but there are lots of guys here that listen to what i have to say. we can argue about this shit forever or we can say fuck it and go on about our business. you can have your opinions about me and thats fine. you dont have to like me, theres plenty of guys that dont like me. all im saying is that either way im not even gonna fuck with that thread anymore. its fuckin useless to go on about it especially when there are guys like noob41 thinking he will whoop someone on a 300ex...feel free to pm me back and let me have it or let me know what you think...either way no hard feelings

tyler