R Cheetah cubs trail friendlyl

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, I haven't checked this thread in a few weeks. You guys are still having the same argument; I give you all props for persistence.

This makes me think of the old definition of insanity quote, it is repeating the same behavior and expecting different results.

How can anyone argue the fact that Firemanhot "does" ride his Cub on trails? It's obviously good in the trails to him, no matter what anyone else says.

Port timing can be played with forever; I don't consider that a detuned engine, it now just makes its power at a different place than was first intended.

This is kind of like saying I made a giant bowl to float in the ocean, by default that giant bowl became a boat. Was it built to be a boat, no, but it is now a boat non-the less. Somebody else may not consider it to be a boat, but the owner does, that can't really be argued.

Carry on, just thought I would commend you all on a job well done. Arguing an unwinnable argument.

Damn some people are just running off at the mouth.

For 1 if your man enough to handle a shee in the trails and can muscle it around you can do it with the cub.

I do it, so according to all you I'm a fucking moron that doesn't know a fucking thing and am not using all the horses I can.  Amazing.

well for one most people dont want to "muscle" a banshee around in the trails. why "muscle" something when you can set it up to where you dont have to "muscle" it. i dont think you are a moron, i think that you are a good enough rider to be able to handle the power of cubs in the trails and "muscle" it around. if thats what you wanna do then fine, go for it, it doesnt hurt my feelings any. but the fact still remains that most people arent gonna shell out 1200 bucks for the cub setup. its simple fact man. no need to get all bent out of shape about it. im certainly not questioning your riding abilities because i know what its like to be an exceptional rider who can make even the slowest quad go fast. for most people here on this site the cubs are NOT what they are looking for. expecially when most of them will rarely get into any dragging or duning.

I came here to answer the question, I ride it and I love it without it being "downtuned" as was mentioned earlier.  Plain and simple it can be done.
yes it can be done. im not disagreeing with that. i rode mine in the trails and while i can ride it there i still wouldnt want it for an everyday trail rider. id much rather have it set up with a gorr woods port, but thats just me. ive ridden both and have a lot of seat time on both, thats my opinion.

You can sit here and tell me how fucking stupid I am and how I"m wasting all my fucking money but in the end I'll leave your ass dusted in the trails/dunes/drag with my "downtuned" motor.

i dont think you are stupid at all once again. the cubs fit your riding style, but once again most people here probably dont have that type of riding style. i see exactly where you are coming from. i would really like to ride with you. sounds like you haul ass thru trails which is exactly what we do, except on 450's.

Yeah SDD PM'd you guys, but at least he had the decency to keep the fucking board clean and end the bickering and bullshit that was out in the open to behind closed doors where it belongs.  So know he's a pussy that sould get his teeth kicked in.  Amazing. Truly Amazing.

SDD also pmed me and i believe the reason for it was because he was afraid that his comments would piss off other members. he was way out of line when he pmed me and sounds like he was out of line when he pmed bigred. im glad bigred let him know how he felt about it cuz i sure as fuck did. and you might as well forget about keeping all the bickering behind closed doors. its not gonna happen here. we are too much of an open forum for there to not be any shit talking going on. if its of some relevence then there is no need to keep it behind closed doors anyway. why not keep it out in the open where others can see whats going on. besides, if SDD was truly right and had a very valid point he should have posted it here, where others could see. but so far i have yet to see SDD be anything other that pissed about riding cubs in the trails, kinda like you. voice your opinion but dont get pissed when others disagree, it is after all an open forum.

Have at the HQ Minkia38, I dont want anything to do with this anymore I'll stay in the background making the shit.

369495[/snapback]

i hate to tell you but i think HQ sells a lot of your pipes for you. most people that have rockets are from this site or have had a reference from someone on this site. so i wouldnt actually get bent out of shape over it. if you wanna know the truth i have at least 3 people a week pm me about rockets. and everytime i recommend them because i think they are a good product and am very happy with mine. Ray is one hell of a guy to deal with and he has gone the extra mile in making me happy, so i am more than willing to help him sell his pipes, which in turn helps you sell yours. so i wouldnt go knocking the HQ just so fast because some people disagree with your opinion. you have to understand that you are trying to sell a product to these people, so insulting them probably wouldnt be that great of an idea. call it how you want it, but as someone who people listen to and trust, i think i know what im talking about. as far as i know there were very few people that liked the old owner of rocket pipes. i hope that this new situation doesnt turn out to be like that as well...

Yes and I've come to realize why he was the way he is. Nobody understands anything and people go bashing you and your equipment right away without ever having used them. Look at PLanetsand you saw that single carb thread.

You see I have people like 01bansheeke making a smartass comment about the pipes being delayed.

Well I hate to break it to you its no fucking fault of mine asshole. I have the pipes welded together sitting right here next to me, I'm waiting on the final piece to be cnc'd which was supposed to have been done already but the guy maching them just does not want to answer the phone or return calls and from what the old owner said sometimes the guy up and goes on vacation, well maybe he did that here and now I'm paying for it. Which is fine I have another guy lined up that can make them for me but I still need the ones I already ordered.

Once they are here one day is all its gonna take to weld them caps on and have them at the chromer the next day than as soon as he can get it back to me they are out the door.

Once again the delay isn't because of me sitting on my ass doing nothing I've done all I can physically do, its straiing the fuck out of me to come home after working 12-14hours and getting these together only to be knocked back a week by the parts not being done, than another 2 weeks because of my sisters murder. People dont give a flying fuck loco what am I supposed to do? its a 2 hour drive to the chromer MINIMUM for me one way. So I'm gonna be driving up to MI at 10 and getting home at 2am only to be up 4hours later for a 14hour day.

I am physically busting my ass to get these to the people and juggle a full-time job and an 8month old, and make it to the trial dates of 3 different guys, and I have to meet with the prosecutor the 25th with my parents to agree to the death penalty.

And the thanks I get is comments.

i hate to tell you but i think HQ sells a lot of your pipes for you. most people that have rockets are from this site or have had a reference from someone on this site. so i wouldnt actually get bent out of shape over it. if you wanna know the truth i have at least 3 people a week pm me about rockets. and everytime i recommend them because i think they are a good product and am very happy with mine. Ray is one hell of a guy to deal with and he has gone the extra mile in making me happy, so i am more than willing to help him sell his pipes, which in turn helps you sell yours. so i wouldnt go knocking the HQ just so fast because some people disagree with your opinion. you have to understand that you are trying to sell a product to these people, so insulting them probably wouldnt be that great of an idea. call it how you want it, but as someone who people listen to and trust, i think i know what im talking about. as far as i know there were very few people that liked the old owner of rocket pipes. i hope that this new situation doesnt turn out to be like that as well...

369524[/snapback]

I have to agree with this right here... I could give a fuck about the cubs, so im not gonna get into that. Fireman, most of the Rocket sales are from the HQ. I know the sales arent from Planet Sand. If you say anything other than CPI over there ur likely to be shot. Anyway..This place promotes Rockets very well. I also have at least one person a week Instant Message me on AIM asking me how I like my rockets/customer service/quality. Personally, this is just my opinion, but as a business owner like yourself, I dont think you should be getting into these pissing matches. It's bad for business. People seem to take sides in these matches, and if someone is against you, they wont like your product. Not because they think it is junk, but because they will think you are an asshole. Look at DLNOSS, and cottoneyedjoe and whoever else sponsers the HQ. You dont see them getting all bent out of shape about things. They have a business to worry about and customers to please. And by acting like a little girl (like everyone in this thread has) people pass judgement. Im not bashing you are anyone else for that matter, well wait, nvm, I think SDD is a nutfuck, but anywho, Im not bashing you, Im just giving you a heads up is to what it looks like to us customers out here. I know it's not my business and it's not gonna hurt me at all if Rocket Pipes goes to hell, but Im just giving you something to ponder.

Im sure it's a stressful job. There is a great demand for Rockets it seems like. I think ur doing a fine job. You and Ray worked something out for me a couple months back that I still appreciate to this day. Everything worked out for me, you guys busted ass to help me out. And Ill continue to tell people that you guys have great customer service.

People seem to take sides in these matches, and if someone is against you, they wont like your product. Not because they think it is junk, but because they will think you are an asshole. Look at DLNOSS, and cottoneyedjoe and whoever else sponsers the HQ. You dont see them getting all bent out of shape about things. They have a business to worry about and customers to please.

369553[/snapback]

Which is exactly why I'm backing out because I dont need to be fucking around argueing with people that are gonna tell me in so many words that I"m stupid for running cubs in the trails, and saying it cant be done even though I DO IT fine.

How often do you see DLNOSS or cotteneye responding to threads, almost never.

You think its a coincidence?

i see them post on a fairly regular basis. I know we all have trouble in our lives, some more than others. the people who make shit happen work those 20 hour days..bust there asses til the jobs done. This is just my personal experience, and yes i am self employed, if you have someone who isn't meeting your expectations, you tell them to get the ass in gear. Maybe its just me, but when i buy parts or when i'm about to spend a bunch of money buyin stuff for a customers kitchen I want the stuff immediately. If you can't get it, i go somewhere else. If you bullshit with me, i say fu and go elsewhere. I am not trying to tell you how to run your business just speaking my personal experience. Of course i wish you the best of luck, lots of people are counting on you. These bickering matches aren't helping your sales i'm sure.

01bansheeke,

I know hence why I have another guy thats gonna get them done for me.

Cheapest and soonest I can find. Call any local cnc shop and ask them the turn around for 300 pieces, 200 aluminum and 100 steel. 2weeks MINIMUM. I had these other parts ordered 2 weeks ago, they "should" be done here Monday or Tuesday. You cannot get parts in that quantity immediatly, it wont happen. After these 50 sets are done and sold I think I"m gonna go with stainless. might cut into my profit by $25 or so after you factor in supply cost differences, and take out the chroming cost.

On the upside I found a guy that can powdercoat a gold that looks almost identical to gold plating. Shit is sweet, I'm thinking of having a set done for my shee ;)

As for trouble in our lives, yes everyone has it. I'm still trying to even begin to rebound after the tragedy. But its not easy, I'll be honest 2 1/2 weeks give/take a couple of days, I didn't do anything for the pipes as far as getting them together and ordering. I couldn't do it, I was so friggin numb and just had so much to do burying a sister and 2 friends having 300+ people crying on yor shoulder calling you at all hours of the day/night making sure your ok.

I just got back 30minutes ago from my parents house, they ran the letter from my parents thanking the community and friends for the support. My dads a fucking mess right now and I personally dont know what to do. It has fucked him up so much, and its so hard to sit there and have your father balling on your shoulder. Then I get people bitching that I'm taking too long with this and that. Honestly had this happened a month later the delay wouldn't even be an issue but it happened and just the wrong time and threw everything outta whack from me switching jobs and that time plus picking up this business and trying to get parts ordered up.

Im tired now, and am off to bed, I got a job in Tenn,Kenutcky, and Indianapolis for Monday and Tuesday. So I gotta send probably my father up to pickup the parts.

A Cub trail motor can be built but is it: The best? The Cheapest? The Smartest? :shrugani:

369849[/snapback]

That's the whole point we've been trying to get across but some people are getting their panties all in a bunch and taking personal offense. :rolleyes:

Is it the best? For dunes and dragging.

The cheapest? Definitely not.

The smartest? Only if you want insane power through the trails, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but to each there own :cheers: