Manny's MX build

So, how do you like your Shee compare to your 450?

Pitching it into turns and getting it to turn is a lot harder on the banshee and takes more effort. I have no problem jumping the banshee so to me it doesn't make a difference there unless I'm trying to move it around in the air then I can feel the extra weight. Traction still isn't as great as the 450 but I'm still playing with the settings but it's getting there. All and all its got a lot more character than the 450 and I love the thing I don't think I'll ever go back to the four pokes.

• Like 1

Thanks fellas! I'll get a better vid up next week. I don't know why the video quality came out so shitty..I feel like I'm still there if I watch it off my computer. But yea I'll get a better vid of when I'm fresh and speed it up a bit. Thanks for the good feedback fellas.

what did you do with the t6?

nice vid!!  i would try one tooth taller on the front OR one tooth taller front and one smaller rear.  almost seems your shifting just at the face of some of the jumps.  bike i'm sure could handle the gearing increase..

would pull farther into and out of corner's  if its still stock port a real mx power type port job would help some with that as well.  

nice vid!! i would try one tooth taller on the front OR one tooth taller front and one smaller rear. almost seems your shifting just at the face of some of the jumps. bike i'm sure could handle the gearing increase..

would pull farther into and out of corner's if its still stock port a real mx power type port job would help some with that as well.

I sold those bad boys.

Thank you. I did go one tooth smaller in the rear already I'm wondering that was he first time trying that set up I was thinking of maybe getting a bigger front sprocket in conjunction and see how that feels. I am and if I don't shift before I leave the jump I'm shifting in the air to get going quicker when I land and not rev it out again before shifting. I'm debating on doing a port job since j don't need much more power than what I have. I tried out a friends Duncan motor set up today but not at the track and I dk if I'd want all that power it'd put a good wear on me its not like the 450's where it's a nice strong pull this thing just wants to rip my hands off or spin the wheels

nice vid!!  i would try one tooth taller on the front OR one tooth taller front and one smaller rear.  almost seems your shifting just at the face of some of the jumps.  bike i'm sure could handle the gearing increase..

would pull farther into and out of corner's  if its still stock port a real mx power type port job would help some with that as well.  

I sold those bad boys.

Thank you. I did go one tooth smaller in the rear already I'm wondering that was he first time trying that set up I was thinking of maybe getting a bigger front sprocket in conjunction and see how that feels. I am and if I don't shift before I leave the jump I'm shifting in the air to get going quicker when I land and not rev it out again before shifting. I'm debating on doing a port job since j don't need much more power than what I have. I tried out a friends Duncan motor set up today but not at the track and I dk if I'd want all that power it'd put a good wear on me its not like the 450's where it's a nice strong pull this thing just wants to rip my hands off or spin the wheels

On my stock cylinder Duncan 403 motor I went from 15/40 gearing with 18" rears to 16/40.  I was very happy with the difference making this change for track riding for a lot of the same reasons you have found.  I was able to reduce gear changes quite a bit and rely on the motor further.

On my stock cylinder Duncan 403 motor I went from 15/40 gearing with 18" rears to 16/40. I was very happy with the difference making this change for track riding for a lot of the same reasons you have found. I was able to reduce gear changes quite a bit and rely on the motor further.

Thanks for chiming in I'll get a 16 and maybe a 15 and see how it goes thanks!

forcing the motor to work harder through gearing is one way to lessen the "hit.  i'm going to get shit for this i'm sure but a mx port should make really broad power.  its hard to do because of all the transfer work it really takes..  get them to be much more broad and you get that kinda 4 stroke feeling..

my old trail bike i ran 15/38..  but i was using a 250r rear axle. and running a 350 with really broad power ( and t6 pipes...)  on a mx bike type power to get the motor to make strong midrange that seamlessly blends into the pipe action is hard to do.  you wont even feel the pipe come on.  motor just keeps pulling and can be lugged out of corners.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cute, yank the tip off the hose or just get a long blue hose to go on that. Those things can be responsible for a melt down on a hungry motor. The little tip doesn't flow enough for the vacuums the fuel system can make on long pulls.

Hp2000 told me the same thing definitely doing so

• 2 months later...