Manny's MX build

The stock pet cock probably filters fuel better than the screen that comes on the dual pingel valves. That being said, in line filters will surely slow the flow of fuel. I don't run any filters. All of my fuel comes directly out of a vp can into a clean gas can. I don't get much if any dirt. If you're running pump fuel and want to filter the fuel I'd put one on each line.

The stock pet cock probably filters fuel better than the screen that comes on the dual pingel valves. That being said, in line filters will surely slow the flow of fuel. I don't run any filters. All of my fuel comes directly out of a vp can into a clean gas can. I don't get much if any dirt. If you're running pump fuel and want to filter the fuel I'd put one on each line.

OoOoH you fancy! I have considered running pure race fuel bit I ride too much to want to be spending 60-70 every two weeks or less for a 5 gallon jug otherwise I'd be all for it. Yea they definitely will and I'm afraid they would cause the small air bubbles I was complaining about but maybe after some people trying it since it's more direct and now being gravity fed individually it wouldn't be as big of a problem. There was a lot of sand in there which was where the first owner had just ridden the bike a number of times and I've only been out there once with this bike so I'm also thinking it was all previously in there.

I filter the fuel as transfer from my red can to the tank with the filter from the bung hole on the generator gas tank. Drop it in the shee bung hole, pour gas, remove.

I have a screen in my gas tanks line but that would only cover bigger random black chunks you'll sometimes find from older deteriorated gas station lines. This one your talking about probably doesn't filter to the micron levels like the in line fuel filters though I'd assume?

• 2 weeks later...