finishing my long serval build

RagunCajun

A arms are +3+1. Arms are for spec for my weight with gear, for +3+1 arms and my riding. Everything bought new.

I can measure tomorrow how long the shocks are.

Edit* shocks are roughly 14 5/8" with a tape measure on the bike center to center.

Well i know a tape measure isnt accurate but it sure isnt off by nearly 4 1/2 inches. The bike's weight isnt even compressing it any. It's very very stiff.

Here's the paperwork:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/DSC02074_zpssi1p8sgu.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/DSC02075_zpsrsd3iu1e.jpg

These are the stage 3's.

I dont see how it's posible to adjust the preload or whatever it's called and get more length. It just doesnt work like that. It wont physically make the over all length longer.

Those are fireball long travel a arms.

The paperwork says nothing about Fireball LT a-arms.

The elka stage 3 fronts you have are standard length.

The extended length of 373mm is only 14.68".

You need a minimum of 19" for Long Travel Fireball A-Arms.

You need to sell those or send them back to YGR...

• Like 1

Those are fireball long travel a arms.

The paperwork says nothing about Fireball LT a-arms.

The elka stage 3 fronts you have are standard length.

The extended length of 373mm is only 14.68".

You need a minimum of 19" for Long Travel Fireball A-Arms.

You need to sell those or send them back to YGR...

Yup. I have the same a arms and my elkas are 19 1/2 inchs

c1db4b237117a5bc6c6dd448199a32ec.jpgfbe2099f942d7de2a0a9db2d868195bb.jpg

Second pic is of a yfz shock next to my elka

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Will be calling the supporting vendor here and seeing how to go about with the exchange on their dollar. Thanks. I specifically said it was for 3+1 when I ordered. I think Elka is in Canada. This will not be cheap to ship and insure.

I wonder if my rear shock is correct.

On the bright side,this will give me 3-5 weeks to get other stuff while this problem is being fixed.

Will be calling the supporting vendor here and seeing how to go about with the exchange on their dollar. Thanks. I specifically said it was for 3+1 when I ordered. I think Elka is in Canada. This will not be cheap to ship and insure.

I wonder if my rear shock is correct.

On the bright side,this will give me 3-5 weeks to get other stuff while this problem is being fixed.

If you specifically said +3+1, you got what you asked for. You should of asked for the Long Travel +3+1 shocks. Hopefully they are willing to help ya out, but they did send what you wanted. LT shocks are a totally different animal.
  • Like 2

I remember the vendor correcting me on the phone by saying long travel because my terminology was wrong. Fireball also called them LT arms as well when i ordered.

Yes i hope they help me out. If not, this will set me back a long time.

I spoke with fireball racing to inquire about shock length. He said depending on tire size and personal preference, 18 1/2 - 19 1/4 will be fine. Their design never changed.

I spoke to the vendor i got the shocks from, we did order it correctly. I'm in the process of trying to contact Elka to sort this out. Mistakes happen, im confident elka will make it right.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my axle back again, this time coated correctly. Also got the two swing-arm linkages I forgot to get coated back tonight. With that said, I think I have everything to near finish the bike.

I have two questions: the first is how to get a hold of cotton branch racing so I can get a case saver? I already have one but I hear his is th best. I tried Facebook but the doesn't respond.

The second question is how much radiator hose I need and what I.D. of each? I get Napa stuff at a far cheaper rate so I'll need to know so I can order early tomorrow morning and have it by lunch time when we close.

With that said, all I need to order is my rear brake caliper, seat cover, exhaust wrap and rear fender plastic. I think I may order some good fuel line so I can see through it. I need to figure out what size I need for my dual pingel and 39's. I had my pingel rebuilt and returned this week.

I'm still waiting on my shocks back from Elka. They arrived at elka on the 7th. Will post pics this weekend once the bike is mostly buttoned up. I may even fire it up. I need to call Cameron to see which oil he recommends for his pro mod and what premix ratio he used.

Edit, got my radiator hose

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick post, we have company on the way. This came in today:

cascade cover, brake/tail light, fuel  tubing, correct(19" ish) shocks, brake light bracket. Although it looks like ima have to get something fabbed for it to work and bolt on. No big deal.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/DSC02086_zpsciflbslx.jpg