finishing my long serval build

RagunCajun

For those who have fireball racing arms: Has anyone tried the pivot works bearings/bushing kit? I removed the rubber plugs on the lower a-arms but the bearings do not go in. I used my caliper to measure it and it's a good .005-.010" different even after taking the powder coating off the inside of the arm with my dremel's wire wheel. It seems ill have to hit it with some very fine sand paper to take some metal out for the bearings to fit unless it's a press fit. If it's a press fit, ill bring it somewhere.

Unexpected post. but thanks and yes! very fun when working lol. Going back auto in a few days if things work out. but that's another story.

So with that, i do NOT need 2 oil seals? ( oem part number 93112-31011-00 )

No its a complete kit. You use there seals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great, ordering it later on after supper.

This is  a stupid question but i have to ask. Can someone please look at this picture and tell me if the a-arms are on the correct sides. There isnt much shock clearance although it will never hit. If i put that bottom a-arm on the other side it wont seem right.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/DSC02071_zpsbbesotx4.jpg

Great, ordering it later on after supper.

This is  a stupid question but i have to ask. Can someone please look at this picture and tell me if the a-arms are on the correct sides. There isnt much shock clearance although it will never hit. If i put that bottom a-arm on the other side it wont seem right.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/DSC02071_zpsbbesotx4.jpg

Yeah, that's right. I have the same set up.

• Like 1

So I wasted some money on an all balls tie rod kit.

I need to call fireball racing tomorrow morning and see if I'm suppose to have tie rod ends. All I have is the tie rods that came with the arms. I'm not reusing my old tie rod ends that are beat to hell.

The all balls tie rod ends are bigger than the fireball racing tie rod holes.

I just talked to fireball racing. I have some raptor 700 tie rods on the way. So that will be here in 4-5 days. My powder coater is gonna coat those because they are coming in raw. That way i can use my 12mm brand new All Balls tie rod ends. All of that was said in control's 521 serval on race gas thread more than once or another thread or two i read in the last few months. So it's my fault for not checking to see which tie rods they sent me before tonight

Here's what the bike looks like as of now:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/DSC02073_zps0aoj9rbm.jpg

That's all i will do until the swing arm or engine mount bushings come in. If i remember right, you have to install the shifter and foot brake before installing the foot pegs. I'm waiting to install my nerf bars for last since they are like wings and take up way too much working room.

Most things arent fully screwed in. I'm waiting until a few things come in this week that i ordered to fully tighten with anti seize. That stuff makes a mess.

That's what's threaded and pushes the spring down therefore raising the ride height?

Yes. Your arms looked almost flat in the pic should be more on a angle. That doesn't need to be done right away. It would probably be easier to do when it's fully assembled and rolling Edited by bluebanshee98