finishing my long serval build

RagunCajun

Is it safe to assume that consumer prices will stay low enough till the little guys from America can't compete and eventually shut down, leaving the Middle East in charge of creating $4.00 a gallon gasoline again?

Lol, it's safe to say it's a fucked up situation. In southern Illinois oil, and coal is all we really have. Companies are filing bankruptcy. Its kind of crazy to think other countries can price war the price of oil, and drive it down to the point smaller American companies can't compete.

I work for a bigger company in my area, but layoffs, and cut backs are happening frequently. The U.S is producing more oil then we previously were. So we are partially to blame. At the end of the day..................Fuck it all lol.

sent from yo mammy house.

Ok then. Who here has had the rear shock reworked and also has tried out an aftermarket rear shock. If I'm better off with an elka or Fox rear, let me know.

Personal experience only.

Matt Crown Racing MCR out of Metamora, Mi. has built me many shocks over the years. He's reasonable and does good work.
  • Like 1

I should of updated my build more zilla. But thank you for the advice. However, I have brand new Elka stage 3's here. I just figured id get new and be done with it. I got them through young guns racing, a supporting vendor here. http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/Mobile%20Uploads/20160210_064652_zpsdswjsv51.jpg

Where can i get a metric tap set to chase my wholes in my frame and other powder coated parts? I'm not familiar with all the most popular sizes in the frame and other parts. A die nut set wouldnt be a bad idea incase the end of a bolt is damaged.

I used to have access to an endless supply of taps but that is no more

I got the wiring harness form Kompulsive Concepts in the summer i believe. I'm not sure. However, i learned i it was recommended to get an a/c to d/c converter for the LED's i am going to run in place of stock housings/lights. I ordered the converter box thanks to zillafreak via pm. I had another custom made wiring harness to plug into my excising hardness and the box. That arrives yesterday. Kompulsive Concepts is always a pleasure to deal with. Actually his comstumer service is above all else i've delt with on here.

As for the tie rods, i need to look in the box my a-arms came in and see if tie rods came with them. If not, ill order some from JDS. Ill order some more sprockets too while im at it. I think i have brand new 15/41 right now sitting here. That will make the 3rd or 4th order from him. I keep forgetting i needs stuff. I bug him alot via pm to add/edit crap off my order. Poor guy.

Stock tie rods will most likely work. However i would hate to chance it. Not worth breaking my neck.

Thanks for the heads up on the thread sizes. im going to try to find a set with most of the sizes and order it. I know i dont need anything expensive, i just didnt know the sizes.

• 2 weeks later...

I got back from the powder coater with more parts a little while ago with a few more things

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/DSC02057_zpsmapohkgw.jpg

I also set up some tables yesterday with parts laid out to better sort through things:

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/DSC02062_zpswcvogtpb.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/DSC02060_zpsx30hogjv.jpg

I believe the powder coater will finish the rest tomorrow. He forgot the 5 gallon bucket of misc things(footpegs, spindle(knuckle) etc). He was pretty upset he didnt have it all but i brought him so much crap and put it all over creation so it's not his fault.

Assembly will start this weekend. I still have to buy a 3 piece stator cover with bearing support from Chariot Racing, Brembo rear caliper from Cuervo Racing, and some radiator hoses. Those will come in the next 2-4 weeks.

On the way in 2-3 days is a white fullbore front hood scored off someone from the banshee hq FB group.

Ill see. I wont get it now, i have other things to take care of before then to make it rideable.

As for as bearing, are there any more bearings that need to be pressed in besides the front hub. I beat those 4 bearings out before it went to the powder coater. I'm going drop them off at a local place to have them pressed in. Anything else i should bring? I know there's a bearing on the frame where the bottom of the steering stem is but ill just beat that in with a big socket or c-clamp.

Ill see. I wont get it now, i have other things to take care of before then to make it rideable.

As for as bearing, are there any more bearings that need to be pressed in besides the front hub. I beat those 4 bearings out before it went to the powder coater. I'm going drop them off at a local place to have them pressed in. Anything else i should bring? I know there's a bearing on the frame where the bottom of the steering stem is but ill just beat that in with a big socket or c-clamp.

That one more or less just drops in.