look what toomey racing mailed me

i emailed toomey for jetting recommendation on t5's and k&N's and look what i get

sa3ood :evil:

We do NOT recommend using the individual K&N filters on the back of each carb,

for a couple of reasons.

1, The individual filters are very bad aerodynamically, causing LESS air to be made available to the engine, due to the great amount of turbulence they create, right in front of the intake.

2, The K&N pleated gauze filter design, allows dirt to pass, they filter only the big rocks, the SAND gets through.

Sand, the engine's worst enemy is what eats crankshaft bearings.....

If you want to replace the airbox, might I recommend our 2:1 Filter System,

which restores needed intake tract length, and allows a huge

Uni-Filter to be up and out of the way of any spit back and direct blasts of

dirt.

It will flow more air than that for which the engine will ask, even when dirty.

T5 or TR6 Jetting;

Our pipes are designed from scratch as an integrated system, or KIT if you will, which is intended to work in all respects, as a fully tuned package of parts not to be split up and used individually.

Our pipes require our Perfect Jetting Kit (custom ground needles and main jets) which provides the PERFECT fuel curve for the stock engine or with simple modifications.

It is also required that you ventilate the stock airbox, with at least twelve, one-inch holes, We supply the 12 snap-in vents for this purpose) to allow sufficient air into the box as will be demanded by the pipes.

OR

Our 2:1 High Flow Filter System, which replaces the stock box and, will filter the air AND not restrict flow.

NOT the individual K&N filters on each carb, as they create bad turbulence in the intake, creating unstable airflow.

ANYTHING else, will result in a different fuel curve, and is nothing we can support (you are a test pilot).

Feel free to test to your hearts content, but this is the combination we have tested and designed which we know, will product the rated power.

We use a #280 main jet at sea level, on a standard day (59 deg F / 29.92 baro).

With any other changes in density altitude, (actual altitude above sea level, corrected for pressure and temperature effects), changes must be made to the main jet to compensate.

Without instrumentation, you must cover your bases by a wide margin. This is why we say one jet size for every 2000 feet altitude change from sea level. THEN corrections must be made for temperature, which also affects density altitude. So, if it is hot out (90degF) at 2000 feet, you may have a density altitude of 3500 feet or more, and need a 270 or 260 main to maintain proper carburetion.

You must test in your local area at the time to be sure.

Suffice to say, if it is running well, leave it alone.

If you frequently go from the beach to the mountains, you may have to keep after it.

We keep the 2:1 High Flow Filter Systems, (and Outerwear pre-filters) Perfect Jetting Kits, Uni-Filters, and Uni-Vents in stock.

We also have (at a discount) the "KIT BAG", which is Uni-Vents, 2-stage Uni-Filter (for the stock box) and our Perfect Jetting Kit, instructions and stickers for only $69.99.

(This is also the difference between a pipe SET (pipes and silencers only) and a Pipe KIT.

Edited by sa3ood_banshee

1, The individual filters are very bad aerodynamically, causing LESS air to be made available to the engine, due to the great amount of turbulence they create, right in front of the intake.

I was wondering why I wasn't making it to 200mph, I always thought it was the huge turd of a man sitting on the seat, now I know it is my airfilter causing to much drag. :blink:

and still nobody wants that junk ass rubber. hahahaha im down with you guys fuck toomey and there parts.

im still gonna run pods. technically since there bashing them. what the hell do you run a 2into1 intake through? an airbox with a special toomey racing adapter proflow plate? :down:

All I'm saying is K&N makes air filters for everything! and thousands of people use there air filters every day in there cars and truck and tomey makes filters for four wheelers, seems a little ironic that they would say those filters are junk. kind of funny ( they do let a little sand / dust if they arnt clean or well oiled but for the most part they work well, also if you over oil them and use them in a truck with a MAF sensor that oiling can get on it and mess with the readings causing you to lose power.).

I think thats funny as hell, because you know if they wernt made to run on a banshee why are there so many people running pods? Well if they dont work well why do big name motor builders like Passion, F.A.S.T, HerrJugs, all run them on their biks, hell I have even seen Trinity run pods on thier drag bikes an Cascade Innovations too. Its because plain and simple they work well, when I get my pipes im gonna run K&N pods. If K&N filters work bad why are they the number 1 selling air filter an highest horsepower airfilter in everything from vehicles to quads? Simply put In my opinion K&N is the best air filter bar none, everything I have ever owned I have always put a K&N filter in it.

Edited by BansheeRider71