look what toomey racing mailed me

and still nobody wants that junk ass rubber. hahahaha im down with you guys fuck toomey and there parts.

im still gonna run pods. technically since there bashing them. what the hell do you run a 2into1 intake through? an airbox with a special toomey racing adapter proflow plate? :down:

That junk ass rubber is the exact same copy of a Yamaha RD250 1973-1975 airbox pipe. That rubber creaties a little more bottem end power than the clamp on filter to the back of the carbs, its not so much junk, i've tested it personally on a RZ bike.

I run K&N filters with pre-filter outerwear or a womans silk sock in cross country desert races in Africa, If you keep the filter oil-ed there is no way any dirt can come threw, I ALWAYS feel for dirt and dust in my airbox boots, there are non and the filters is so clean in the inside, DO NOT OVER SERVICE a K&N filter. Oh yeah and THERE IS NO such thing as a NON restricted airfilter!!!!!, they talk crap if they say theirs aren't restictive. My motors run so reliable with K&Ns, the whole turbulance story is true, but if you run a little pipe of at least 4 inches long between the filter and the carb, it will straighten out the air, I have been playing around with K&N filters as clamp ons on 2 stroke for a long long time, I think the Y-boot system from yamaha and other companies works great, I actually will recommend it before individual filters(it looks crap), but I use both. This is all the intakes I have used to try and get rid of the turbulance. Both all of them make the motor act differant. (sorry for the hijack)

post-23402-1202816773.jpg

Where did you get those rubber boots for the 2 individual filters? I was wondering if they sell those here in the U.S, if so they might not be a bad idea.

That is aliminium tube with a RZ350 airbox rubbers, but i think they are the same as the banshees.

k&n filters do allow the most air flow, = maximum performance, and because of that they WILL allow small particals in as well. maybe not rocks, mud, or certain sands, but DUST is the enemy! there has been review after review between foam or k&n for years.

foam always filters the best.

on my old 87 banshee i ran T5's and clamp on k&n's. after about 4 years the bottom of the slides on my PWK's worn into knife edges and started chipping off and passing through the engine. i lived at a trail head in southern P.A., rode almost daily, in dusty wooded trails, dusty farm land fields. every 3-4 months i had to pull the carbs and clean out the grit.

i'm 30+, no newbee at the sport, a cycle mechanic by trade, used to be a r&d tech at Cannondale motorsports and i know proper filter treatment and used genuine outterwears. still this was not enough to stop the damage over time.

and as for just clamping filters on to the carbs, space them back some as 2strokespirit said, add velocity stacks and gain even better performance!

thats my 2cents, from exsperiance.

My K&Ns with a woman's silk sock oiled, allow nothing threw, I am a pain with a clean air filter and I can assure u they can do a filtration job. If a filter flows more than the other one, it does not mean it cannot filtrate. But if thats some of you guys opinions I will respect that, but for me, the K&Ns are a WINNER because they floe so much and do a VERY good filtration job...