450 A-Arm Kits!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Brian. Bringing this back up for ya. This should be a must do for any banshee owner. What a killer deal you have going, don't think everyone realizes how nice of a setup this would be. You get 1) stronger a-arms, 2) better handling and stability with increased travel with better shock possibilities and finally 3) all for a third of the cost of an aftermarket setup.

I do have one question. What modifications need to be performed for the spacers and arms to work on a Banshee? How difficult are the mods as well? I'm actually banshee-less at the moment but am interested in getting another one soon and I'd hate to miss an opportunity to set it up nicely.

Sredish, thanks for the bump up. To answer your questions, the main modification you have to make is to the lower arms; the uppers do not require a thing, they simply bolt in. As for the lowers, you must trim the outside of the lower mounts, i.e. front of the front mount and rear of the rear mount, ON the A-ARMS; requires no frame modifications at ALL! However, this leaves a gap between the a-arm mounts and the frame mounts on the inside; that's where my spacers come in. They serve a dual purpose. First they take up the extra space to eliminate any possibility of flex within the a-arm mounts and second they also serve as the bolt sleeve for the a-arm bolts. The modification is not terribly difficult, but I took the extra step to design a jig for cutting the a-arms so that I can repeat the process to exact specifications easily. I'm now also offering a service where I will modify your lower arms, bushings and set you up with a set of my spacers for $125. That covers shipping back to you as well; all you have to do is come up with the core parts and cover shipping on the lowers TO me.

Dgrey,

I did get your most recent PM. I am currently out of stock on core a-arms. Good, clean stock parts have been hard to come by lately. I had a good rush and supply earlier in the year; think a lot of the MX guys were modding their new bikes before the race year. But now everything seems beat up and priced high; that is if the parts even show. I've been stiffed on a couple deals now; makes any kind of profit hard to come by. So, sob story aside, I'm looking for stock parts, if you come up with them first I'd be more than happy to modify them for you, but in the mean time I am constantly on the lookout and I keep record of who is interested so that I can contact individuals as they come available. I tried, and was able to early in the year, keep a couple kits on the shelf ready to go out the door. In most cases I was able to have people in kits within about a week from the time they ordered. But now with parts....

As always, thanks everyone for the interest and keep me in mind for your 450 suspension needs! - Brian

not to steal the limelight..

i got a pair with the spacers from 2003... i beat them up a little but i gotta sell them.. the trials i ride are ruff and i need high clearence..

im thinking of a good long travel setup...

2003.. if you want me to remove this post please lmk... ill edit it asap if you want..

not to steal the limelight..

i got a pair with the spacers from 2003... i beat them up a little but i gotta sell them.. the trials i ride are ruff and i need high clearence..

im thinking of a good long travel setup...

2003.. if you want me to remove this post please lmk... ill edit it asap if you want..

Not a problem Zach, however, I would like to make sure that people know, which you pointed out, that the arms did not come to you in their current condition. Not to knock the condition they are in now, I just don't want anyone who is interested to think that is what they should expect in a kit from me. AGAIN, nothing knocking your arms and their condition, just a clarification. Hopefully that doesn't ruffle any feathers. Thanks! ~ Brian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...