450 A-Arm Kits!

Okay so as some may know I have been working on fine tuning a totally bolt-in kit with the 450 A-Arms for the Banshee's. Well, it looks like it is a little more than a week away, and they are looking awesome. Check out this link to my Suspension thread that has some pictures on the new, one-off parts that make this kit legitimate.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=78454

Once the last few parts come in I will have two sets of A-Arms with spacers, bushings and stock 450 tie rods available. These will sell for $275 (may include shipping, have to get the final boxed shipping cost). I will also have one set available with NOSS tie rods for $300 (same as before about shipping, TBD) or available without tie rods for $250 and you could locate your own. These kits DO NOT utilize the dust caps. You can, at your choice, modify your dust caps to become more of a dust sleeve, but these kits as packaged do not use them. Disclaimer: These are used parts, now, I do not buy them with dents, bends etc. but some people may want to re-paint them to match. Please review the link above for visual references. Thanks! -Brian

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These pictures are also in my Suspension Forum posting, but here they are again to wet the appetite.

450 Arms installed, at the dunes...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/Ban...450_dunes_2.jpg

Another at the dunes...

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/Ban...450_dunes_3.jpg

These are really what make this kit!!

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/Ban...pacer_inst2.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/Ban...pacer_inst1.jpg

Thanks!! - Brian

The 450 arms? No they'll work with any shock (except some hella long ones I suppose). Just depends on how much ride height you want or how big of angle you want on your joints.

I am getting a set of works dual rate for +2 arms, as far as ride height? How well does that spacer you machined working to close up the gap from the alteration? Is there any chop or vibration whilr riding? This would be alot better and cheaper than purchasing other aftermarket arms. I don't know if I can wait til later this month though, we have a ride soon at Pismo for SoCalinIt's B-day. If you get them made sooner let me know.

will they have about the same affect as, say, ASR +2+1s?? Basically i just want to know if the arms have any forward lengthening.

Yes they do make the wheelbase roughly 1" longer, through moving the spindle locatioin forward. Essentially you end up with a track that is 2.25" wider on each side (4.5" total) and 1" forward. So essentially +2.25+1.

As far as better etc than aftermarket arms, some aftermarket arms due allow for adjustable camber, caster etc. through the use of heims joints, these obviously do not. Also, many aftermarket arms are made from chromoly, so there are differences and to an extent you do get what you pay for. With that said, this is still a great improvement over the stock Banshee suspension.

As far as duning and motocross, I only ride the dunes and I can say how much I feel it improved the ride and handling. Motocross I'm not sure. The biggest issue I could possibly see is balljoint life, but it would be no worse than stock 450 (because that's exactly what it is), but the uppers are not servicable whereas an aftermarket arm would likely have servicable uppers as well.

Mullet man... I'll check your posting later about the cylinders. I'm not really looking for a set, but as you did provide a lot of the foundation I am working from and I know you had a wicked wreck that trashed yours, I could possibly swing something like that. -Brian

i dont need the spacers either, just the arms. i've already got spacers.

let me know what ya decide.

i dont want to put you out, so dont think i'm special (like all my school teachers did).

altho a black pair would be tits

Alright, so by popular demand I am going to offer the spacers for the 450 kits separately for those who have converted their bikes on their own. The spacers are going to sell for $45 + S/H (usually $3-$4). They are made from 7075 Hardened Alloy. They will fit perfectly as long as the a-arms have been cut to specification and the frame mounts are not damaged. Also, these spacers as designed to run WITHOUT the dust caps. This is the way most people are running their 450 A-Arm bikes anyway, but I want to make the statement clear. I have a run of 10 sets due either the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Currently I have 5, possibly 6, sets spoken for. Please contact me ASAP if you would like to get a set so I can attempt to get my production run increased if necessary. Thanks! -Brian