450 A-Arm Kits!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad you don't powdercoat too. Perhaps you should look into it? A arms should fit in a regular oven. Then you could powdercoat them to what ever color and tag on another 40 or 50 bucks per kit. In any event this is a really cool service! How strong are the stock 450 arms?

I thought about powdercoating believe me! I can however reshoot the a-arms in any of the factory Yamaha colors though; true factory colors, not just a close match for just a bit more. Deep Blue like the ones on my bike, factory SE black trim, silver etc.

The stock 450 arms are pretty strong I would say. The uppers are aluminum however, so they wouldn't take quite as much abuse as say a chromoly arm would, obviously.

Also, just a bump here, but I do have two kits that could be ready to ship out to anyone who might be interested. Still have spacers and tie rods too if you have your own arms and don't forget about my modification/spacer and shipping combo. Thanks! -Brian

Brian,

I've followed the progress of Mullet man's a-arm project for a while but I just saw that you're now offering "Ready to go" kits. Great job and it sounds like you're getting good feedback from you're customers.

I was curious if you have any feedback from guys running non-Yamaha OEM shocks like the TRX450 and LTZ400s?

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Steve

Tucson AZ

96 Banshee

so wut would it cost for all 4 a-arms, sleeves, noss tierods and the yfz shocks??

Currently I am out of stock on the 450 shocks. However, I do have complete kits still. With NOSS tie rods, my spacer/sleeves and upper and lower a-arms of course, they are $315 shipped to the lower 48 states. Take a look around at the pictures earlier in the post and if you would like I can give you a few references from other BHQ members who have purchased kits and/or spacers from me. Thanks for the interest!! -Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Hey im really interested in the A-Arms, spacers and tie rods. What would be the final cost for a guy to have them shipped to B.C. Canada for all that?

Also what happends if you dont run the spacers? Also what colors do you have...i would like red if posible.

Im running the 450 shocks with stock arms now and want to upgrade arms for now.

Hey im really interested in the A-Arms, spacers and tie rods. What would be the final cost for a guy to have them shipped to B.C. Canada for all that?

Also what happends if you dont run the spacers? Also what colors do you have...i would like red if posible.

Im running the 450 shocks with stock arms now and want to upgrade arms for now.

Well right this very second I am out of stock on the spacers, but I hope to have them by late this week. I can ship to Canada for another $15, so it makes them $330 shipped, for a NOSS tie rod kit that is. The only colors I have in right now are silver, but I have found a source for factory matched paint which I am willing to share with anyone. I have stayed away from painting them at this point personally. Thanks for the interest!!

Cool...but what do the spacers acttully do? Would it all be buggered up if you dont run them?

Well i will know this time next week if i can get them of of you if you still have them. Can you get any more blue ones like you have on yours?

Pay pal.?..and how would you ship them...i prefer In the PO BOX or usps ...i hate ups they get me good at the border.

Im very interested in these for sure.

Thanx bud

Chris

Edited by savage420

^^^^^^^^

this guy ate too many dam wine gums

Well i just ate the whole bag :happy:

Anyway i think im going to go for some 450 arms for the time being. So i can get an axle and the arms for cheeper than just some roll design arms like i wanted.

• 3 weeks later...
Well i just ate the whole bag :happy:

Anyway i think im going to go for some 450 arms for the time being. So i can get an axle and the arms for cheeper than just some roll design arms like i wanted.

Man page 4, how did I fall so far from the front? Anyway, just wanted to bump back up and let everyone know that I'm still doing the 450 A-Arm kits. I'm actually completely sold out right now, but I am working on getting parts back in stock. Please let me know if you are interested in spacers, kits, tie rods or whatever to make a conversion and I will accumulate parts for people. Thanks! -Brian

• 1 month later...

Hey Brian. Bringing this back up for ya. This should be a must do for any banshee owner. What a killer deal you have going, don't think everyone realizes how nice of a setup this would be. You get 1) stronger a-arms, 2) better handling and stability with increased travel with better shock possibilities and finally 3) all for a third of the cost of an aftermarket setup.

I do have one question. What modifications need to be performed for the spacers and arms to work on a Banshee? How difficult are the mods as well? I'm actually banshee-less at the moment but am interested in getting another one soon and I'd hate to miss an opportunity to set it up nicely.