Planet Sand

majicmike

will you pay  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i see no problem with paying for information.

i am a paid member of macdizzy.com

i am a paid member of bansheehq.com

i am a paid member of other non banshee related websites as well.

what i do see a problem with, is the abnormally high cost of planetsand's membership. on most sites its $10-$15 a year. planet sand wants what like $60 a year? fuck that, for $60 i can join 4 or 5 other places and get 5 times the ammount of info.

also planet sand is clicky with their little online version of street gangs. their mods are a bit too tough on non sponsors and let sponsors get away with too much. i guess there is too many things wrong with ps in my view for it to be worth $60 a year.

dont need the bs. fuck planetsand. ill stick to macdizzy and bansheehq

I agree, for that much money I sure as hell am going to speak my mind and the first time they tried to censor mr I would be filing a grievance with paypal to get my money back. I'm not about to pay that much to not speak my mind and have some douche edit and remove my posts.

- Jared

Well they have certainly created quite a buzz about the net with this move. Being in IT I can understand the need for support dollars and the quality and quantity that "can" go into a site of that size. That said I don't see how it would take more than one person to run the site. I have a collegue that runs the WHOLE Facility Management suite of applications for the University of Wyoming! ONE PERSON.

I think $6 is pure greed. And the DSNUT guy who posted over there is a moron. Who doesn't care about thier pocketbook? We are all trying to go fast on a small budget (not all I guess but you know what I mean.)

I guess I should start charging the standard shop rate to work on peoples drag bikes $65-$75 per hour like the dealer.. And full price and a % of gross revenue for the web sites I do..

Sorry for the rant guys. Just a little pissed about it. Oh yea and I'm out for now. I don't need PS to contact the builders I deal with. They are already on speed dial.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

I prolly won't pay for Planet Sand. That price seems 2x the typical price, and I'm already paying on 2 sites. As far as the bigger HP motors, I think it was the premier site for technical info. Whereas HQ is more a social thing with general info on the more common banshee setups.

If they just wanted to weed out the dipshits, 10 dollar a year membership would do the trick.

PS did have good information like frame design and technical info that bansheeHQ lacks and thats what I'll miss. However, its the people who visit a forum that makes or breaks it. If your making people pay alot of money, well than the people who provided all the good information (the reason you went in the first place) won't be there anymore. So now your paying lots of money for a website that now has very limited information and won't be the same as it was before becuase its no longer a free sharing of ideas.

Whenever a huge forum turns into a pay site like what planet sand did all the people will leave, some will stay but the forum will eventually die and another will take its place.

Well I have been away from the computer for a couple days and I spend most of my time on Planet Sand. Quite a shock this afternoon I thought something was wrong with my computer at first not loading the whole page. You know six bucks isn't alot of money. About the same as a magazine to read these days. But what pisses me off is there was no discussion on this at all. I am not a computer tech at all so I have no idea what it cost to run a website. But today I was still able to read the general discussion forum. There was a few comments in there about how much time is being used right now just to keep the forum going. If this new website planetsand switched to is that difficult to run why didn't they just keep the old one. Personally I liked it alot better anyway. And if I was a site sponsor on Planet Sand I would be pretty pissed off right now. Oh well that's the way it goes. Looks like you guys are going to be seeing alot more of me now. Hello everyone.

Nah, Most the people over there are the fastest in the world on sand.. The vast majority of people there are banshee based. Not sure what you were reading. Look at the site sponsers K&T (fastest twin on sand), CP Ind. (Makes cubs, cheetahs, caracals, all saber cylinders) Kenz (4-strokes), RDZ (fastest 350 banshee on sand.) I'm missing a bunch but you get the idea.

Good to see you on here Kyle :beer: Hope this means you will be visiting more often..

I personaly think this is good news. I have NEVER liked PS. Allot of the members seemed cocky and like others have said, "clicky".. If Charlie wasn't out to jam you in the ass he would have simply posted about the lack of funds. How he would appreciate a SMALL fee to use the services, and otherwise not paying is fine.. I know there are a quite a few of PS diehards who will pay the price he is asking but if he would have done the above he would have kept ALL his members.. This is a greedy move on his part, plain and simple and I think he will pay for it.. Chances are he will realize what a jackass move this is and bail but who knows really..

Bottom line Iam looking forward to the additions this will bring to HQ..

Oh and Lee, thanks for not being a greedy snake, Ill be renewing my PREMIUM membership when the time comes..

RIPPEN