Planet Sand

majicmike

will you pay  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's only one word to sum that up...GREED

To be 100% honest, the information you could find over there can be obtained by picking up a phone and calling the builder or a shop, it's not like it's top secret classified info, LOL!

Hell, I learn more technical stuff talking to people at my local track than I do chatting on forums.

It's all good though, he won't see a dime of my money...

Glad to see that Travis... I just typed you up a quick note, saw you were on there...saying you know where to find me. I forgot to put a subject in...so, it erased all I typed.. . figured F it...I'll see ya on here!!

I truly hope the good minds and people make the trip over here to the HQ...

:beer:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to see that Travis... I just typed you up a quick note, saw you were on there...saying you know where to find me. I forgot to put a subject in...so, it erased all I typed.. . figured F it...I'll see ya on here!!

Damn right!! HQ is home to me :thumbsup: This place has always been good to me, I've met a lot of great people, helped others as others helped me, made some good deals...and Lee has been cool enough not to "force" anyone to pay for it... :notworthy:

We can discuss stuff freely and speak the truth without fear of being banned or have our post deleted. That whole mess about getting banned if you talk bad about a sponsor is fucking pathetic. I'm not saying that people should knock a site sponsor, but if a member had a bad dealing with a sponsor he has every fucking right to let others know about it...Good riddance to PS, I never spent a whole lot of time there anyways

thats the way its supposed to be people helping other people out i just posted in another topic to help members out with cummins parts. i thought since everybody on here has helped me out with banshee parts and questions i could return the favor with something i know about

It was a good site with a lot of really technical information, but I won't pay for it. Sorry, but i guess being a free-base programmer for a while kinda got me hooked on the freedom of knowledge stuff. I won't pay for information that I can get other places for free. That's dumb.

- Jared

I could care less what happens to Planet Sand,the fucking forums would never let me login when I made an account,i must have made a dozen of them,i even emailed Charlie and he sent me one reply and told me to make another account and try again,sent him several replies and haven't heard a word.Rebel

Edited by Rebel3190

That is flat out pathetic.

There is a wealth of information on PS, I won't deny that. But Charlie Ohton has been sucking on the wrong side of one of his exhaust pipes if he thinks 6 per month or 60 for year is worth it. Maybe for his butt buddy sponsors...whom he protects....at all costs.

I'd pay 20 a year, or something similar to what I do for BHQ premium membership. Not because I expect anything out of it, but because the wealth here and people/friends I've met here are worth it.

But for all the politics and BS over there...no way.

I hope/think the HQ just got a whole lot of people to come over and share knowledge over on this site....that would be the ultimate plus....

i agree 100% w dave,although i have meet some nice people through planet sand,and has help me through some of my banshee problems.i do have to say i like the hq way better,people here make all the difference.i also hate the stupid politics on PS.you really have watch what you say about other people,cuz you never know who they know.its a load of crap............. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Well i think it will just bring alot of people our way! And no way would i pay...

Just a side note, out of all the forums i have been on in the past years this has to be the nicest, cleanest, most friendly one... And im not just saying that. :notworthy:

some guy did the math over at PS $6 a month.thats 72 bucks a year=1 member.$6 a month 1000 members=72000 a year its that some bull shit or what.thats either crazy or very smart,no less a lot of greed.mabe charly is looking to retire,and buy a big fat house in the bahamas. :shoothead: :shoothead: :shoothead: :shoothead:

Yeah, that sounds like a good living if people pay it. I never really went over there, maybe 5 times in the past 3 years. I really hated the navigation system that they used for the site. I like this site much better, and the friends I have met on here have helped me out considerably.............. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys............. :notworthy:

bought alot of parts there and got alot of info. they had builders on there like calvin pollet who had some real interesting posts on 2stroke theory.(case volume/pressure). if they made paying voluntary like the premium membership here, not so many would object. bye bye planet sand!

Well i love planet sand and banshee hq.

i have payed my $6 to see how many stay on

I have learnt a heap of that site

I cant understand with 18,000 members wouldnt the advertising at the top of the page pay for the mataince on the web site?.

Never the less it will fail .........

this site or another will open and be free ,was a shame though lots of builders on there ...my 02c

has taken years to build up that members base only to be halfed in 1 week