Planet Sand

majicmike

will you pay  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i love planet sand and banshee hq.

i have payed my $6 to see how many stay on

I have learnt a heap of that site

I cant understand with 18,000 members wouldnt the advertising at the top of the page pay for the mataince on the web site?.

Never the less it will fail .........

this site or another will open and be free ,was a shame though lots of builders on there ...my 02c

has taken years to build up that members base only to be halfed in 1 week

Good point.... Mike, I'm sure you can vouch or clarify, but don't vendors who advertise with PS pay a fee of some sort? I'd think with some of the big and small names on PS that should more than pay for the site. I think it's a case of greed more than anything else.

I would pay 20 bucks a year or something like that...but, 72 month to month or 60 up front? Sorry...I'm not lining Charlie's greedy pockets.

Good point.... Mike, I'm sure you can vouch or clarify, but don't vendors who advertise with PS pay a fee of some sort? I'd think with some of the big and small names on PS that should more than pay for the site. I think it's a case of greed more than anything else.

I would pay 20 bucks a year or something like that...but, 72 month to month or 60 up front? Sorry...I'm not lining Charlie's greedy pockets.

Let me start off by saying sorry for my spelling..............Ok this is how I see the whole thing. If you take the peices of the puzzle and work them together you can see the clear picture. On this site you have orange crush and several other people complaning about how slow charlie is and work is being neglected. Then you have charlie come on here and he said that mistakes were made bla bla bla. Then I read on planet sand that the web site and the planet sand drags are taking a tremendos amount of time away from the shop. I.E. orange crushes bad dealings.

I personaly belive this to be true as customer service suffered there had to be a resone for it. I can personaly tell you as being close to sporty bandimer old man bandimer son. For those of you who dont know bandimer is where they race mile high nationals.Just that on trake is a full time job for 12 people. they employe 12 full time people even though there is 50 + inches of snow on the track right now they need those people. So with that being said charlie try to organize 6-8 events around the country is quite the task in its self. And to have the shop and the web site.

I thought that it was greed to as I logged on and found that out. My first thought was the same as many dont the sponcers more than make up for the cost ? But as I step away from it and clear my head from the anger I begin to replay alot of the stuff going on over the past this year. I have dealt with charlie and he was a rock soild guy 2 years ago, and then people started to get a little angry with him. Then the orange crush thing. Then him giving jeff ( F.A.S.T.) the boot ,and as I told jeff I never thought that he (jeff) would not say crap if he had a mouth full of it. Any way these are all signs of a sinking ship. Was it becuase charlie was pissing people off ? or did he do like any small buisness owner would do bite of more than he could chew? I tend to belive he bit off more than he could chew.

So with all that being said to get to the question the venders pay between $1200-$2000 a year at best case that is $26000.00 a year and on the surfice that seems like alot but when your time is consumed buy a web site and drag events and now you have to hire someone to help your shop that you have now neglected thats not much. I dont know of one fab guy who will work for that. I have looked In to being a sponcer over there but my small shop just doesent have that in the budget I would rather stock a 4mm kit then spend that money on a hope of more buisness and I think alot of other shops see it that way.

I am not defending charlie but Im just stating what I have payed attintion to. I do think it was a truck load of crap that he did it with no warning. He my have shot himself in the foot there. He may lose alot of people do to a knee jerk reaction. but I will pay for one month and see how thing go. Ill tell you this I will not pay for a year right away cuz if that thing tanks I dont think youll get your money back. Also I do have to give props to charlie for playing career russin roulet, you got some BIG balls.

Edited by majicmike

Well that will definitly drop the number of hits that site will get and the exposure of "The top builders in the world". All they want is exposure and recognition, it puts bread on the table. It definitely is not a good move for those that pay for the advertisments etc.. I'm sure that will be a good thing for the BHQ, as this site will grow and they will follow.

some guy did the math over at PS $6 a month.thats 72 bucks a year=1 member.$6 a month 1000 members=72000 a year its that some bull shit or what.thats either crazy or very smart,no less a lot of greed.mabe charly is looking to retire,and buy a big fat house in the bahamas. :shoothead: :shoothead: :shoothead: :shoothead:
Yep, here's how it went banshee chick said (Charlie I want a 2007 Escalade) he said (we can't afford it) then she said (ok, well lets make PS members pay for it or you're never hittin it again) he said (ok)

wow I thought you would be one of the first. Im not bein an as I just figured you had some friends and costomers their.

I do bro, but that's just greed. And by him doing that that site will NEVER be the same. I give my advise to people for free, I should not have to pay to do that.

boy all you guys pretty much covered it!! im not fucking payin for 3 reasons and youall at different reasons have stated them 1 who has to pay to go to a site where chalie is a theif and is making bank anyways!!! 2 i was banned over there for talking about dave moore cuz hes a chomo!!! 3 if im gonna pay i should be able to say what ever the hell i want,, thats whats funny they were like keep it clean because theres kids here,,ok how many kids can pay 6 dollars a month!! HMNMMMMM bums...looks like hq is gonna become flooded,,hopefully they dont follow suit!

I wanted to say I worded some thing wrong in my long post and I wanted to clear it up so I dont misslead people Im not personaly close to sporty I have meet him but I have a few friends that are very close. sorry for that :thumbsup:

Well they have certainly created quite a buzz about the net with this move. Being in IT I can understand the need for support dollars and the quality and quantity that "can" go into a site of that size. That said I don't see how it would take more than one person to run the site. I have a collegue that runs the WHOLE Facility Management suite of applications for the University of Wyoming! ONE PERSON.

I think $6 is pure greed. And the DSNUT guy who posted over there is a moron. Who doesn't care about thier pocketbook? We are all trying to go fast on a small budget (not all I guess but you know what I mean.)

I guess I should start charging the standard shop rate to work on peoples drag bikes $65-$75 per hour like the dealer.. And full price and a % of gross revenue for the web sites I do..

Sorry for the rant guys. Just a little pissed about it. Oh yea and I'm out for now. I don't need PS to contact the builders I deal with. They are already on speed dial.