Planet Sand

majicmike

will you pay  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yep, here's how it went banshee chick said (Charlie I want a 2007 Escalade) he said (we can't afford it) then she said (ok, well lets make PS members pay for it or you're never hittin it again) he said (ok)

I just spit pop on my keyboard....LMFBO...good stuff.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think we will see many people from ps over here because I always got the feeling that most of the people over there were 4strokers or guys running snomoquads. Our drag section has some really good info about dragging banshees, but the info over there about every other quad or combo can't be matched over here, and I wouldn't want it to be. This site does a good job of staying focused on banshees. I only used ps to read a little bit about something different (like sand cars and shit) and to keep tabs on sand mountian NV.

I could see some of the hardcore dragger staying there and keeping the site running with builders etc, but the people like me won't be there. And that might be the purpose of making the fee so high, to weed out the people not dedicated to their sport.

1.) Users are required to read and accept the log in rules just as always. If you break the rules you will be given a warning. Seconds offense you will be banned, or given a temporary vacation, what ever the mods feel is appropriate. No refunds. Just because you pay doesn't give you a license to break the rules.

2.) Payment goes towards 1 screen name, not IP address.

this is a qoute from banshee chick when asked about paying and banning form your own thoughts LOL

Let me start off by saying sorry for my spelling..............Ok this is how I see the whole thing. If you take the peices of the puzzle and work them together you can see the clear picture. On this site you have orange crush and several other people complaning about how slow charlie is and work is being neglected. Then you have charlie come on here and he said that mistakes were made bla bla bla. Then I read on planet sand that the web site and the planet sand drags are taking a tremendos amount of time away from the shop. I.E. orange crushes bad dealings.

I personaly belive this to be true as customer service suffered there had to be a resone for it. I can personaly tell you as being close to sporty bandimer old man bandimer son. For those of you who dont know bandimer is where they race mile high nationals.Just that on trake is a full time job for 12 people. they employe 12 full time people even though there is 50 + inches of snow on the track right now they need those people. So with that being said charlie try to organize 6-8 events around the country is quite the task in its self. And to have the shop and the web site.

I thought that it was greed to as I logged on and found that out. My first thought was the same as many dont the sponcers more than make up for the cost ? But as I step away from it and clear my head from the anger I begin to replay alot of the stuff going on over the past this year. I have dealt with charlie and he was a rock soild guy 2 years ago, and then people started to get a little angry with him. Then the orange crush thing. Then him giving jeff ( F.A.S.T.) the boot ,and as I told jeff I never thought that he (jeff) would not say crap if he had a mouth full of it. Any way these are all signs of a sinking ship. Was it becuase charlie was pissing people off ? or did he do like any small buisness owner would do bite of more than he could chew? I tend to belive he bit off more than he could chew.

So with all that being said to get to the question the venders pay between $1200-$2000 a year at best case that is $26000.00 a year and on the surfice that seems like alot but when your time is consumed buy a web site and drag events and now you have to hire someone to help your shop that you have now neglected thats not much. I dont know of one fab guy who will work for that. I have looked In to being a sponcer over there but my small shop just doesent have that in the budget I would rather stock a 4mm kit then spend that money on a hope of more buisness and I think alot of other shops see it that way.

I am not defending charlie but Im just stating what I have payed attintion to. I do think it was a truck load of crap that he did it with no warning. He my have shot himself in the foot there. He may lose alot of people do to a knee jerk reaction. but I will pay for one month and see how thing go. Ill tell you this I will not pay for a year right away cuz if that thing tanks I dont think youll get your money back. Also I do have to give props to charlie for playing career russin roulet, you got some BIG balls.

yes,but does he have to charge 60 bucks a year.he could just be upfront with people ,and say.iam trying to pay all expenses for PS events.and try starting at a more reasonable rate.if 25 or 30 bucks is going to let you keep 80% of your members,versus 60 a year or mabe even 90%[if charly would just be up front people would respect that a little more],and only keep 35 to 55% of your members,and be upfront about it,dont just say PAY OR ELSE.most shops that are advertising right now are not going to get all there moneys worth,do to decrese in members. :banghead: :banghead:

1.) Users are required to read and accept the log in rules just as always. If you break the rules you will be given a warning. Seconds offense you will be banned, or given a temporary vacation, what ever the mods feel is appropriate. No refunds. Just because you pay doesn't give you a license to break the rules.

2.) Payment goes towards 1 screen name, not IP address.

this is a qoute from banshee chick when asked about paying and banning form your own thoughts LOL

It won't survive, They are just trying to make money. If it was an issue of just paying for the site, they could charge 2bucks a month or 20/year. That would be acceptable. 6 dollars is too much. And as far as they being able to kick you off that's just another reason I won't go back on there.

Yep, here's how it went banshee chick said (Charlie I want a 2007 Escalade) he said (we can't afford it) then she said (ok, well lets make PS members pay for it or you're never hittin it again) he said (ok)

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

I don't think we will see many people from ps over here because I always got the feeling that most of the people over there were 4strokers or guys running snomoquads. Our drag section has some really good info about dragging banshees, but the info over there about every other quad or combo can't be matched over here, and I wouldn't want it to be. This site does a good job of staying focused on banshees. I only used ps to read a little bit about something different (like sand cars and shit) and to keep tabs on sand mountian NV.

I could see some of the hardcore dragger staying there and keeping the site running with builders etc, but the people like me won't be there. And that might be the purpose of making the fee so high, to weed out the people not dedicated to their sport.

Nah, Most the people over there are the fastest in the world on sand.. The vast majority of people there are banshee based. Not sure what you were reading. Look at the site sponsers K&T (fastest twin on sand), CP Ind. (Makes cubs, cheetahs, caracals, all saber cylinders) Kenz (4-strokes), RDZ (fastest 350 banshee on sand.) I'm missing a bunch but you get the idea.

I dont really like the idea of having to pay to access a site that is just people talking. I dont mind making contributions to sites, but to pay a subscription just to talk to people is stupid. Just my opinion, besides there is just as many cool people over here as over on planet sand. :thumbsup:

Look at the search engines like google and ask.com they are all free and make millions of dollars profit

because they get so many hits they charge a bomb to place adds on there site to keep it free to the general public

planet sand should do the same

if the sponcers on the site like builders cant afford it who cares

lager corporations like castrol ,shell ,yamaha , suzuki,honda ,dg performance,pro circuit ect ect ect they would pay.....as long as there are plenty of members.

Look at the search engines like google and ask.com they are all free and make millions of dollars profit

because they get so many hits they charge a bomb to place adds on there site to keep it free to the general public

planet sand should do the same

if the sponcers on the site like builders cant afford it who cares

lager corporations like castrol ,shell ,yamaha , suzuki,honda ,dg performance,pro circuit ect ect ect they would pay.....as long as there are plenty of members.

That is an excellent point

I'll tell you this much. IF I was a site sponser, just paid 1200 to 2000 for my yearly sponsor fees, and Charlie up and pulled this with NO warning whatsoever, I'd be asking for part of my money back...period.

The membership and users will go down substantially, period....and with that the sponsor exposure goes down as well.

And to think they banned Jeff @ FAST because Ohton's sorry ass said he was advertising and making money off planet sand without being a sponsor....boo hoo Charlie.

If Jeff was the ONLY one, or even close to it...I'd agree..sort of. There are a ton of people on there that make money selling goods and services which have never even gotten a smack on the wrist by the nazis because of who they are or who they're buddies with...

Between that and editing/banning people for offending the wrong person, piss on that....

Sorry, but just my .02.

OH SNAP....you can't even post without paying....

Sub95 made a comment about having an **18 and older site of Planet Sand**

I wanted to post saying something like..."why...so we can pay 80 bucks a year for that privilege...on top of the 60 for the G Rated site??"

If Jeff was the ONLY one, or even close to it...I'd agree..sort of. There are a ton of people on there that make money selling goods and services which have never even gotten a smack on the wrist by the nazis because of who they are or who they're buddies with...

Sorry, but just my .02.

Why do you think I paid 6 bucks

Personally I think its a bunch of bullshit. That site was full of great information, but like others have said, you can get that information just about anywhere if you ar willing to go look for it. He just seems greedy to me. I would have loved to post some stuff for sale over there, but you can't even make a post in the topics that are still open without a subscription. If you ask me he just fucked himself in the ass with that move because he's losing a LOT of business and he totally fucked all of the sponsors over there becaus they aren't even going to be getting half of the exposure they used to get over there.

Why do you think I paid 6 bucks

Because you're smart enough to keep business for yourself going, an smarter not to dump 60 bucks without knowing how it's gonna be over there long term...I'm sure if the site goes under he WON'T be giving out refunds...

You're a good business man and a welcome addition to the HQ, Mike...

Because you're smart enough to keep business for yourself going, an smarter not to dump 60 bucks without knowing how it's gonna be over there long term...I'm sure if the site goes under he WON'T be giving out refunds...

You're a good business man and a welcome addition to the HQ, Mike...

Thank you