F.A.S.T Racing Clutch...

dajogejr

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my new f.a.s.t. clutch in earlier this week and installed it last night after i got home from work. All i can say is damn! this thing rips now and further more dealing with jeffs company was such a pleasant experience. Never have i had such fantastic customer service in my entire life and what a super nice guy to talk to. I think i speak for everyone here when i say most of the time when you call and order parts somewhere and finally get passed the elevator music the guy on the other end has the personality of a piece of toast! I know exactly from now on who will most definitely get my business! thanks so much jeff and you will have a motor comin soon! Im out!

BigCP

Hey I feel like crap i messed up on one of my projects cuz i was cheap.

I had everything going smoothly installing my F.A.S.T cltuch kit.

BUT then i tried to remove the inner clutch hub and basket to do the spring shift mod. Problem was i wasnt using a Grabbit tool. Lesson learned

I broke one of the things where you thread in the screw on the inner hub.

By the way my basket and all were fine.

Is there any way i could fix this or still run the hub? Maybe i could use a really long screw?

Those inner clutch hubs are like 250 dollars. Anyone know were i can get one cheaper if i cant be fixed

I heard Yamaha has em for 26 dollars :cry:

I need to ride..............................

Hey I feel like crap i messed up on one of  my projects cuz i was cheap.

I had everything going smoothly installing my F.A.S.T cltuch kit.

BUT then i tried to remove the inner clutch hub and basket to do the spring shift mod. Problem was i wasnt using a Grabbit tool. Lesson learned

I broke one of the things where you thread in the screw on the inner hub.

By the way my basket and all were fine.

Is there any way i could fix this or still run the hub? Maybe i could use a really long screw?

Those inner clutch hubs are like 250 dollars. Anyone know were i can get one cheaper if i cant be fixed

I heard Yamaha has em for 26 dollars :cry:

I need to ride..............................

380950[/snapback]

AnthonyG, give me a call first thing in the morning as I can get you back on the road F.A.S.T. !! You should have my # on the card or sticker! :headbang:

hey guys i havent done any business with jeff yet but im going to need one of his clutches for the shee. but by the sound of things he's a hell of a guy to deal with and has a lot of satisfied customers. does he have a web site that i can check out?

No...unfortuneately.....

He truly is a great guy...and very very helpful beyond the call of duty.

I plan on getting set up by him soon...but so far all I've bought is his clutch...I've only owned my shee since February.

The way he treats me, You'd think I already had him build me a 10K drag motor....(oh, and paid for it...:) )

You won't be dissapointed.

Alright, i got my inner hub fast thanks to jeff and i installed it.

Now im just wondering you know how the stock steels have tabs that your suppose to change by 60 degrees each time.

Is there any special manner in installing the F.A.S.T steels? do i just do fiber,steel,fiber and so on..

Thanks in advance ill be riding by tommorrow for sure cant wait

Edited by AnthonyG213

If you got Jeff's kit, there is no tabs. If you look at your steel plates, the steels aren't perfectly round, that's why you have to rotate tabs. Aftermarket clutches don't have that...and, you also throw out the rubber rings that came out of the stock clutch....the large O rings I mean.

You put it on the same way it came off. Fiber, steel, Fiber...

I installed my clutch and when i run the bike it makes this noise that sounds kinda like a drill. Is this normal?

Also when i press the clutch lever in gear it feels like its still engaged and its hard to push the bike

383186[/snapback]

Um , No that is not normal to sound like a drill ! If it is making a noise you might want to recheck the installation! Let me know if you need any help you got my #. You do have both thick washers (one behind and one in front) of the clutch basket dont you?