F.A.S.T Racing Clutch...

dajogejr

I just ordered the F.A.S.T clutch kit and perch lever. Cant wait till it arrives.

I think im gonig to go with the 6 heavy duty springs even though i just got bolt ons.

If u were to do a 3/3 on springs were would you get 3 stock springs.

Any poniters from those who already have installed the clutch

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put three of my old springs back in...no issues at all.

Just rotate the pattern, should you do it. 1 HD, 1 Stock, and so on around the wheel.

Just be careful putting it back together. Easy to snap those bolts...

tighten 'em in a criscross pattern like you'd tighten lugnuts on your vehicle.

7.4 Ft./ lbs of tourque is all that's needed.

:cheers:

If all your mods consist of are bolt ons I would probably go with 3/3. I use all 6 HD with a regular clutch lever and don't think its bad at all. Personally i'd rather have a stiffer clutch and know i'm getting all the power to the ground.

Your going to dig the hell out of this clutch kit. Did you order the inner/outer hubs and basket? If Jeff didn't mention it to you, you may want to think about getting the shift spring mod while your clutch cover is off. HUGE difference in going through the gears...

AnthonyG213, if you need some stock springs call me or pm me and i will give you some free if needed.

If all your mods consist of are bolt ons I would probably go with 3/3.  I use all 6 HD with a regular clutch lever and don't think its bad at all.  Personally i'd rather have a stiffer clutch and know i'm getting all the power to the ground. 

Your going to dig the hell out of this clutch kit.  Did you order the inner/outer hubs and basket?  If Jeff didn't mention it to you, you may want to think about getting the shift spring mod while your clutch cover is off.  HUGE difference in going through the gears...

374144[/snapback]

I agree. I origingally had all 6HD in there. My arm was Popeye's...and I have a brand new cable and EZ perch.

Went to 3/3 with my bolt on mods, and much easier.

I'm going with's Jeff's porting, hopefully soon....and then right after his basket setup...

By then, I"m sure it's going to need the basket/hubs AND 6HD springs.

I can't wait to see the look on my buddies who ride their 450Rs...the one has NEVER ridden a ported shee....

Jeff...I seemed to have lost 2 of the left over 3 HD springs (which I took out).

I'm gonna get a new set of 6HD once I have you set up my cylinders anyways...

Thanks again for all you do...Jeff...

I agree.  I origingally had all 6HD in there.  My arm was Popeye's...and I have a brand new cable and EZ perch.

Went to 3/3 with my bolt on mods, and much easier.

I'm going with's Jeff's porting, hopefully soon....and then right after his basket setup...

By then, I"m sure it's going to need the basket/hubs AND 6HD springs.

I can't wait to see the look on my buddies who ride their 450Rs...the one has NEVER ridden a ported shee....

Jeff...I seemed to have lost 2 of the left over 3 HD springs (which I took out).

I'm gonna get a new set of 6HD once I have you set up my cylinders anyways...

Thanks again for all you do...Jeff...

374154[/snapback]

No problem man , thats what we're here for !! :)

I've already have a wiseco .020 K140 kit with Pro lites coming. Can he still make me something out of all that..its a light bore job.

375673[/snapback]

Different people require different styles of porting to meet their needs. Feel free to give me a call 785-364-5325 sometime and discuss options !

Sounds like a plan to me. I have your number and hope to talk soon. Thanks for replying. Go F.a.s.t.!! :cheers:

376007[/snapback]

:headbang: