F.A.S.T Racing Clutch...

dajogejr

By suggestion of Loco...I called Jeff Wendorff of FAST racing in KS.

I can't speak of a 80HP, 90HP or 100HP Shee...but, I can tell you what a difference it made in my 96...well...the mods are in my sig.

I'd say I have your average joe's shee....

Piped, jet kit, K&Ns with no airbox..and some reeds. Nothing fancy, nothing special.

He sends you a mixture of Stock FZR 600 Fiber, Barnett HD Steel and Barnett HD Springs...95 plus shipping. Considering a run of the mill Barnett or EBC is normally 90ish or more, this thing is nice. You can feel the power getting to the ground better...period.

Truly, though...what makes this kit is Jeff. After talking with him, 3 times now...he is the kind of guy that makes you appreciate our sport. Nice as can be...patient, and took his time. I ordered it late PM Thursday, he shipped it Friday...and I had it at my front door Monday.

I called him Monday because it wasn't going in with the rubber cushions from a stock clutch...silly me. Told me to pitch those. Also told me a few tips what to look for, how to adjust it properly...etc. Sure, I could've went here, asked...searched...etc. But, service like this is what it's all about...

Not like he sold me a full bore race motor, or he owed me a thing. But, he sure treated me that way....and even said, call anytime, that's what we're here for...and he MEANT it!

So...hat's off. Guys like these are what it's all about. If you're tired of waiting for that Tusk clutch to get back in stock at RMATV...and have a little more coin...give him a call. It'll be worth it!

And thanks to Loco for the recomendation....

:cheers:

Edited by dajogejr

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, Jeff is a good guy. His name hasnt really been thrown around here much before until I had him do my motor, but he's a good guy. You guys ever need anything, give him a call. He'll talk your ear off if you let him. Always willing to help out and walk you through things.

FAST RACING

785-364-5325

Jeff is definitely a nice guy. I know quite a few people that have had motors done by him. He definitely will do you a good job, and as for parts, he really doesn't try to make a fistful of cash on anyone. I ordered a few parts from him and got a hell of a price on all of it. Motor wise, its obvious he can build a motor judging by stclarks dyno sheet. He doesn't get in a hurry by any means, but i think steven is glad he waited.

Oh...yeah. They are most definately stiffer. Thicker springs, and...about 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch longer, too.

Luckily...I have a 2 month old clutch cable, and 2 month old EZ Clutch lever/perch, too.

Jeff said you'll need something...

I'll have something alright. I'll have Popeye's forearms...soon!! :)

Argh argh argh...

Scot...it's harder to really explain. My old clutch was stock, as in the original.

I can't say it was slipping...but, I can say as the RPMs rose, it didn't feel like it was pulling as solid as this one does. I haven't done anything else...just this clutch.

Shifting, is improved...too...

I do think I'll hit up one of the HQ members that does the shift star mod, which...Jeff @ FAST does....and get that modded, too.

Jeff does a hell of a good job on the shift star mod. I rode his wifes banshee last fall ,witch just had a small trail port/play port done to it, along with the shift star mod. That thing ripped for a 350, and shifted like butter.

I don't think I can say it enough... This dude builds a sweet motor!!

Yeah...helluva guy. Now...my only problem is...Do I get a Gorr Woods/MX port, or send it to Jeff to get it done. I don't know.

Ray that distributes and sells Rocket Pipes lives about 20 minutes or so from me. I'm dying to test out some Rocket pipes.

I'm going to talk to Gorr and Jeff to see what they recommend for pipes...for their own port job.

oh...the choices...

I guess it's good to have a few quality, honest folk than none at all...:)

:D

Edited by dajogejr

Yeah...helluva guy.  Now...my only problem is...Do I get a Gorr Woods/MX port, or send it to Jeff to get it done.  I don't know.

Ray that distributes and sells Rocket Pipes lives about 20 minutes or so from me.  I'm dying to test out some Rocket pipes.

I'm going to talk to Gorr and Jeff to see what they recommend for pipes...for their own port job.

oh...the choices...

I guess it's good to have a few quality, honest folk than none at all...:)

:D

355506[/snapback]

honestly i think id let jeff do them. talk to him and see what he thinks. he can build you a stump puller or a top end drag banshee. either way itll rip im sure. also, jeff will more than likely tell you cpi's but after he saw(he was there that day along with my builder) rockets pull 3 more hp on my setup he started believing in them. i would go for them rockets, they have never let me down and ray is a real cool guy to deal with. im sure hed be happy to let you try some pipes.

I just mailed my cylinders out to Jeff for a all around "fun port", I'll let you guys know how it turns out.. Oh yeah, there will be sum Rockets on the other end of those cylinders too. Cant wait, thanks again stclark816 for the reference to Jeff.

Edited by 1sreamin350

I just mailed my cylinders out to Jeff for a all around "fun port", I'll let you guys know how it turns out.. Oh yeah, there will be sum Rockets on the other end of those cylinders too. Cant wait, thanks again stclark816 for the reference to Jeff.

355556[/snapback]

badass man!! you gonna have a really fun port..itll prolly make like 70 hp too..

• 3 weeks later...

yeah i have two freinds that have his work all i can say is there very F.A.S.T.

every time we go out we have people come up and say "who did you motor"

my freind just smiles and say's jeff at F.A.S.T.

i havent seen a comparible build stay with his work.