Chariot bearing support stator covers

BB-banshee171

im not sure the nut would ever loosen and fall off, even at hand tight because the directional spin of the trans shaft will try and tighten the nut on its own.  that wasnt the point of my statment. i was just wondering if theres a reason you dont tighten the nut to a specific torq like the original nut ?  if you look at the parts fish theres a lip on the trans shaft which appears to get pulled into the inner bearing race, while the bushing behind the front sprocket gets pushed into the inner bearing race from the outside. not suggesting you change your method, just wondering if you had a particular reason behind it

• 1 month later...

I have one of those nuts. Brand new, never bolted down. PM me with an offer. I'm leaving for a weeks vacation Saturday (11/8) so if it's not sold by the time I leave I'll reply when I get back based on date/time shown on any messages received. Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the only thing I can do right now is offer money back on the covers.  We always had the nut made outsourced because it is a cnc lathe job and we only have mills.  We lost that source and have tried to get the precision on our mills but we can not get as close as I want.  No luck finding a nother lathe shop yet.

Jerry