Chariot bearing support stator covers

BB-banshee171

They are not listed on ebay. Stuff happens and not everything works out perfectly. Trickedcarbine, remind me of how I convinced you that you screwed up something? You sure do seem to take every opportunity to badmouth our products on here. Now I remember, you are sure that we take pop cans press them together and make parts with that. You got me there! I try to make the ugliest stuff out there. If it works I try to break it as well. On top of that I charge at least 150% more than others. I have let many of your comments on here just go by but it seems you have nothing better to do.

Now what I want to know, how are you going to take care of the poor guy who bought your cover and didn't get all the parts. That's what this thread is about. I want to see how this gets handled. You and tricked are having a pissing match and your both looking foolish. You two need to just get a room.

To the OP, I would hope that chariot not only makes this right, but that he leaves you satisfied with the end result as well. Good luck

something else i was thinking about. if your concearned about the head walking, wouldnt some locater pins work best ? if its lifting, maybe some stronger studs would be in order ? unless the cylinder casting is the weak link and just isnt up to the task.

There weren't any concerns with walking or lifting. That's all good. The concern was after machining we found something fishy looking. Now that something fishy is weeping. I'm just gonna tig it up, clean up the dome side and live with it that's all.

I can see his side. I get that the foundry wouldn't of spent time threading or pressing a plug and I get that jerry wouldn't of done it. So I see his resistance as he feels like I'm saying he took a chunk of shit and put a plug in it and whipped I in to the CNC. His job is to take the stock and run the machine and sell the part. Not magnaflux everything and question his supplier. I get that and at this point I doubt he physically put it there. But in the end there is section of material that is opening up almost right in the middle of this thing.

(Our earliest PM's I mentioned it might be something to at least talk to supplier about)

That is all.

To rjdgriff

You are right, it is a foolish pissing match. It got the best of me unfortunately.  On the covers I will do my best to make it right.  The first couple sold without a nut before I realized I was out.  I left them on ebay because I thought I had a dealer who had some nuts I could get back and send in a couple days but that was not the case.  I thought I could then get some made in a couple weeks but was not able to free up a machine.  I took the listings down till I can get the nuts made.  The 1/2 dozen that shipped without will get the nuts late and with a healthy refund in the box.  They of course can return the cover for a full refund plus shipping but they all were understanding.  The gentleman who started this thread was just looking out for his friend and that is understandable.  The only problem with this thread was that the other gentleman always chimes in unrelated just to say something bad about us and finally I responded.  Everyone knows who purchases my product that they can get a full refund for any part returned even if on the bike.  Almost no questions asked.  I send out free replacements even when it is not may fault.  It should be easy enough for anyone to tell that on this superduty head I cannot refund the purchase $200 and $300 for labor he put into it just because he shows me a picture that looks like a scratch.  Who would do that on someone's word?  The best I can do in that situation is offer him a good discount on a future purchase just so he is a happy or happier customer.  Now if he were to actually show me that this scratch in the picture was actually a fissure in the material, however unlikely it seems, then I would definitely refund his money and a fair amount of his labor cost.  Simply put, I always do that.  I can guarantee that no customer has ever contacted me with an issue that I did not take care of.  This claim on the other hand is a little too much to accept just on his word and a picture.  I believe he is an honest person and sincerely believes this is a fissure but that simply is not enough in this case.

Jerry

• Like 1

JD, buy a CNC and start making covers......

I have machines at my disposal but the market is saturated with quality products (Like chariot makes) Already.  I will let them continue and stay out of it for now....I really have no interest in this side of the biz.

Everyone needs to get along.  MI doesn't need to be fighting with MI.

ride.race.love.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...