Anyone running a steel clutch basket?

I've never had a print from an "engineer" that wasn't a total pile of shit. They're paper pushers with zero real world common sense or knowledge.

Fully agreed!  No hands on real world experience = very little understanding of reality.

tfaith FTW!

For Sure !!! 

I really like the new dude^

Agreed !

I never stated that my IQ was higher than everyone else's. another member claimed that my presents on this thread dropped the forum IQ average by 15% and responded by saying that my IQ was higher than his. I never said "everybody".

Like I've said, I've had premature clutch basket failure in the past just like Tim. I replaced every clutch component one by one chasing the issue and none of them fixed the issue so I had a buddy machine me a custom Basket for free. I didn't feel comfortable gambling a $1,000 on Hinson's Spring Loaded Basket.

I've never had any type of overheating issues after I upgraded my complete cooling system and built the CP Serval. My operating temps stay bellow 180 degree's no matter what. I am running a Stealth Lockup, a oil cooling additive, and a cover that has more holding capacity. So maybe that prevents that problem from surfacing.

I respect your opinion and input but I haven't been faced with any problems since I went with the steel basket and upgraded all the clutch components.

For someone who claims to have a degree and wants to contribute so much of their personal experiences, you sure can't spell very well when you type...

The stupidly and lack of education of 99% of the BHQ Members is comical, lol. Nice try Zilla!

another member claimed that my presents on this thread dropped the forum IQ average by 15% and responded by saying that my IQ was higher than his. I never said "everybody".

That's a blanket statement in my book. 

Don't get me wrong, I like when people create their own stuff.  I do all the time.  Hell, it'd blow your mind what kind of stuff we have to make for customers who buy brand new Honda stuff from the store.  It's very evident that you have a lot of thought behind everything that you're saying; I won't try to deny that.  Keep in mind that to have been misguided doesn't reflect negatively on anyone.  Presenting your thoughts, misguided or not, in an ineffective and close minded fashion does reflect negatively, however.

Flow of information, whether by hard data, pictures, or by conveying trains of thought, is what forums are for.   However, it proves to be a problem when you try to push it on other people when they question it.  To make matters worse, you tried to justify something that you didn't have to justify, and did so in a poor manner.  Stating that you had a degree in applied science (which is a great thing for this sport) makes every miscalculated thought stand out more than anything on the thread.   The motivation for and the rudeness in my post was in response to your 99% statement.  That kind of stuff basically translates to "pick everything that I have to say apart and make me look like an asshat". 

Tfaith has to be a windycity troll account.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WOW! He thinks the 161 IQ guy is me in disguise...

He DOES have the knack for the verbal tune-up.

....and he uses ALL the words he sees fit.

(I guess I see a resemblance.) LOL