10mm DMX Testing

SlowerThanYou

In reference to the PJ delay or speed, its easiest to make the lines longer or shorter and/or change the diameter of the tubing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

How do you change the tubing diameter when the barbed fitting is a set size? Maybe my head is a little foggy,but i cant wrap my mind around that right now.

I'm not an expert on PJs, but have some theories I want to try. One I brought up in discussion with Tim @ Titan Racing &  there was a long pause. He ask me how I figured that out. I haven't figured it out yet, but want to do some testing with it. He wasn't offering any help with the project, but said it would be worth my time to do it. Anyway, as with all my stuff. I'm selective on sharing, when it's just theory & not tested.

As for the other stuff I want to do. I have room to screw the left PJ body in & affectively make it start 1st. Plus, I can cut some of the discharge tube on the right PJ to delay the timing. I also want to change the discharge nozzle shapes on the engine side. Some use a 45* angle & I want to try another shape also.

Our inside dia. of the barbed fitting is .112. That's larger than the dump tubes in the PJs. Our left one is drilled to .101 & the right one is un-drilled at .091. So the barbed fitting is not the restriction. Some people do drill out the fittings!

• Like 1

If you have the needles set right (Lectrons) you leave on the needle and the PJs are gonna dump fuel when needed. Y'all may be over thinking this. If you actually time the fuel delivery from the pjs with longer hose or smaller hoses, I'd bet it's negligible. Your thoughts Green? I have never experimented with this, and probably won't as long as the motor sounds clean all the way through the needle/pj transition. I know Green has some secrets as to why you'd run a real long powerjet line. I'll leave that to him.

I thought that clippard was .070" stock. i was thinking about staggering dump tube length as well. does yours really shut off at .091?

Yes, it shuts off at .091, but the .101 doesn't. I measured the shut off point & it's somewhere around .096

Sorry forgot your running something else. care to elaborate on what was going on with the crank and what lead you to it?

We were throwing timing to the motor at the track & it kept on responding. Instead of building a new curve on the computer. It was easier/quicker to add on the plate. We took the cover off & found a partially destroyed timing pick-up. I had set the gap at .020 & we then checked the screws to make sure they were tight (they were). Everything was running good & we continued to make around 10 more passes.

When we got home I knew I had to replace the pick-up before going to the dyno. When pulling the flywheel, I've never had one come off like this one. The impact gun would not budge it. I got out the 1/2 drive ratchet & had to use a little extra torque. The flywheel literally made a loud pow noise & flew off the end of the crank. After talking with K&T they say it happens sometimes. I've never had one do that.

Anyway, after I replaced the pick-up, I was running down the nut with a air ratchet & it twisted off before pulling any torque. So, I don't know If the threads were stretched from the 1st install or from removing the flywheel. 

Wow, I must thank Kim at K&T. He pulled a hat trick on getting our crank fixed. Two weeks to the day, today the crank is done. It's being shipped & should get it Tues or Wed next week.

Oh cool, maybe there is a chance you can make it next month.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Oh cool, maybe there is a chance you can make it next month.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't hold my breath, LOL! The motor should be together the end of next week. Then we have to find time to take it to K&T for dyno testing. Plus, my 2 month recovery should end around the middle of June. Lots of things stacked against making it. I don't think it's to wise to ask off from work after being gone for 2 1/2 months.

You never know.. Maybe they didn't miss you at all?

LOL!  Maybe they don't, but this recovery was a lot shorter than the 1st one. The first recovery was almost a year & a half & they were happy to have me back. Not too many Companies would do that for their employees!