Banshee Porting DIY

BLOODRAGE

cool. i might of missed it but i didnt see any mention of how to chamfer. thats important and one of the first things anybody should learn. maybe the chamfering is on the 2nd CD hahahahha. gotta pay another $25 to find out how

actually chamfering is some what easy,i had to do it on my old superior sleeve jug after i got it back from a bore job,another time was when i got KOR to port my blaster cylinder and bored it.he didnt chamfer the ports,what was i supposed to do?send it back to him?

and no i will not spend another 25,ill just google it hahaha

i will not take credit for this write up,i was dumb enuff to buy this cd on ebay and it took me an hr to figure out a way to share it.like wise if you have a set of cylinders to practice on then giver,remember to take your time and do it right !!

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=5eNaltKS9ZOTGrp0FI7cGA

good beginners write-up ... everyone either started w/ someone who knew the trade, or watching/reading videos like this ... that is all

I have someone port my engines because its too time consuming to do it myself and too expensive to DIY (if i buy the PROPER tooling,,aka NOT dremels). Add to that,the fact that even if i got it close to what someone who does it full time can do, im still leaving some power/ride-ability on the table..plus Ive spent a lot ,,i mean a lot of time (to do it right) on something, for  less than what i could have had.

So i just came to the conclusion that its better for me time-wise and power-wise and money-wise to pay someone qualified to do what they know best,,just like people hire my business to do work for them.

I guess its just easier/quicker for me to make the 250-450.00 to pay someone,than waste 25hrs of my time.

I have someone port my engines because its too time consuming to do it myself and too expensive to DIY (if i buy the PROPER tooling,,aka NOT dremels). Add to that,the fact that even if i got it close to what someone who does it full time can do, im still leaving some power/ride-ability on the table..plus Ive spent a lot ,,i mean a lot of time (to do it right) on something, for  less than what i could have had.

So i just came to the conclusion that its better for me time-wise and power-wise and money-wise to pay someone qualified to do what they know best,,just like people hire my business to do work for them.

I guess its just easier/quicker for me to make the 250-450.00 to pay someone,than waste 25hrs of my time.

Agreed.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Well see I'm a mechanic of 20 years and I already have all the porting tools. I'm not afraid of doing port work to my machine. Its worth my time to spend 10 hours on a pair of cylinder so I can drastically increase the HP

Well see I'm a mechanic of 20 years and I already have all the porting tools. I'm not afraid of doing port work to my machine. Its worth my time to spend 10 hours on a pair of cylinder so I can drastically increase the HP

Thats cool. Like i said, ive been there and done that.

For me, even IF i could do a PAIR of Banshee cyls on 10 hrs ( took me longer than that to get everything ,changing transfer angles, re-doing the boost port etc) it was still CHEAPER for me to send it out,because i could have been making 50.00hr working, while i was trying to save 25.00 an hr.  Then you add up the time to machine your head (which you must do for optimum results) not just shave it btw.  So after doing the math it was actually COSTING me money to DIY.

But, if you just enjoy doing it, i understand,its a hobby...just dont think for one minute its "saving you money" to DIY.