Lock Out/Lock-Up Tuning

SlowerThanYou

I am currectly running 80 lbs of base pressure with 4 springs. I want to go down to like 70 and see what it does. I dont really like the idea of cutting springs cause I feel they will never have the exact same pressure. What type of springs could I try that are weaker then stock springs?

I am getting that number by measuring the installed stack height, then using my spring tester, each of my springs are 20lbs at the installed height.

There seems to be some confusion here. I don't know what your set-up is, but that base pressure should be frying the clutch.

• Like 2

Yes I have ran this setup last year, it's 4 stock springs. I measured everything a few months ago and maybe 20 per spring is wrong, I didn't write anything down because it was the end of the race season and I knew I would be re-doing this again come march/april. I will re-check re-measure everything this week and see where it's at.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to make sure it's being done right!  Can you post up pictures with a little explanation? Have you ran this set-up yet?

Ok sorry it has taken me so long but I have been busy. Here are some pics to show how I am measuring. I will say I was off with me saying they were at 20 lbs per spring, after re-measuring they are at 25 lbs per spring at the installed height which is giving me 100 lbs of total base pressure.. As you can see I run a slingshot type of lockout. I am measuring from the where the spring bottoms out, to the top of the spacer which is 23mm.

pic1_zps8d15c764.jpg

pic2_zps85d797a1.jpg

springtester_zpsb7596515.jpg

Ok sorry it has taken me so long but I have been busy. Here are some pics to show how I am measuring. I will say I was off with me saying they were at 20 lbs per spring, after re-measuring they are at 25 lbs per spring at the installed height which is giving me 100 lbs of total base pressure.. As you can see I run a slingshot type of lockout. I am measuring from the where the spring bottoms out, to the top of the spacer which is 23mm.

^ very nice

It should be noted that these slingshots are gonna have much different numbers for spring pressures and weights then the finger style.

I didn't realize this was a slingshot set-up. That would have been good information to have known, did I miss that somewhere?

While I have tried to cover different types of lock-ups. The most basic factor for all of them is; you have to create slip using base pressure.