STOLEN FRAME

rocz

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think your missing the point. You didnt have to start a bash thread since you just said you knew he is a site sponser. If it was some Jerk off that nobody knew on this site that is one thing. But he's not. You could have contacted him in person or phone or P.M. and tried to resolve this issue. Shit happens man. Deal with it.

I tried calling him before this , never once said he was the one who stole it, all I said was they the frame he sold me was stolen. And since he's s sponsor he has the right to sell stolen shit here???

You people are missing the point. Don't sell stolen property, take some responsibility as a sponsor and decent perosn if you really are one and do some checking into the parts your selling. But I guess since most of you that have replied to this have no respect for other peoples property you probably won't understand this.

Edited by rocz

I've got money on the fact that this dude made up the entire story and still has the frame, and his money back.

I have a little bit of knowledge in this area...

If an item is stolen, and in your possession, you are still in violation of the law. No if's and's or but's. I find it hard to believe that you called, whoever you called, and they came out and ran the vin for you, found out it was stolen, and left with it on their happy little way without doing anything to you. Especially if you had NO paperwork, other than saying, "Oh, I bought it from this dude in Michigan." I've heard that bullshit story countless times.

"These aren't my pants." "This isn't my car." "I didn't know that was in there." "Some guy gave this to me, and said I could have it." (While rolling in a stolen car) "I just bought this from a guy on the other side of town."

Standard response to all of that would be "Ok, if that's true, who did you get it from, and how can we get a hold of said person." If JD hasn't gotten a call from anyone in Law Enforcement, this entire story is completely made up. If the frame was indeed stolen out of Michigan, JD would have had Michigan State Police knocking on his door.

Also, who the hell doesn't pick up their phone, and spend the 4 minutes it takes to call the state police or local sheriff's dept to run a vin for them prior to purchasing something, if there is ANY question? There should ALWAYS be a doubt in your mind if you're buying something without a title, that is supposed to have a title.

You got your money back, and a free frame, congratulations. Buyer's fault 100% on this one. He never should have left with the frame since JD told him up front he had no information on it, and knew nothing about the frames history. He willingly took the chance, and got burned, by his own devices.

I've got money on the fact that this dude made up the entire story and still has the frame, and his money back.

I have a little bit of knowledge in this area...

If an item is stolen, and in your possession, you are still in violation of the law. No if's and's or but's. I find it hard to believe that you called, whoever you called, and they came out and ran the vin for you, found out it was stolen, and left with it on their happy little way without doing anything to you. Especially if you had NO paperwork, other than saying, "Oh, I bought it from this dude in Michigan." I've heard that bullshit story countless times.

"These aren't my pants." "This isn't my car." "I didn't know that was in there." "Some guy gave this to me, and said I could have it." (While rolling in a stolen car) "I just bought this from a guy on the other side of town."

Standard response to all of that would be "Ok, if that's true, who did you get it from, and how can we get a hold of said person." If JD hasn't gotten a call from anyone in Law Enforcement, this entire story is completely made up. If the frame was indeed stolen out of Michigan, JD would have had Michigan State Police knocking on his door.

Also, who the hell doesn't pick up their phone, and spend the 4 minutes it takes to call the state police or local sheriff's dept to run a vin for them prior to purchasing something, if there is ANY question? There should ALWAYS be a doubt in your mind if you're buying something without a title, that is supposed to have a title.

X2

You got your money back, and a free frame, congratulations. Buyer's fault 100% on this one. He never should have left with the frame since JD told him up front he had no information on it, and knew nothing about the frames history. He willingly took the chance, and got burned, by his own devices.

Matt you have hit the nail right on the head. He managed to get a frame and $ from jd. And like matt said......if your state REQUIRES that you have a title and/or paperwork then why WOULDN'T you run the vin # when the sell has no idea about any info on the frame.

YES.....it sucks that it was a stolen frame and that neither you nor jd knew it was stolen at the time of sale. But to come out right and bash him isn't the right way to handle it. Should have called a few more times before you went this route.

You said it Matt... I had a frame sitting around that I had no info on, and I expressed that to the buyer. I have heard nothing from local law enforcement, and I am also curious on how he got DNR to come to his house and run the VIN for him... I have never done that or heard of that. Nonetheless I refunded because I didn't want to hear about this anymore and ultimately i tried to hook him up on a frame for cheap...I thought I was being the good HQ member that I am. Didn't even think about numbers or any of this. Lesson learned on my part as well, understand that not everyone on here is as smart as the next guy. If he wanted a title for it, he should've asked for the VIN up front, bottom line. Half the people on here buy frames to hack them up on a custom project anyways...

You said it Matt... I had a frame sitting around that I had no info on, and I expressed that to the buyer. I have heard nothing from local law enforcment, and I am also curious on how he got DNR to come to his house and run the VIN for him... I have never done that or heard of that. Nontheless I refunded because I didnt want to hear about this anymore and ultimately i tried to hook him up on a frame for cheap...I thought I was being the good HW member that I am. Didnt even think about numbers or any of this. Lesson learned on my part as well, understand that not eveyone on here is as smart as the next guy. If he wanted a title for it, he should've asked for the VIN up front, bottom line. Half the people on here buy frames to hack them up on a custom project anyways...

i agree on this dnr are more lazy then police officers.

Actually, I'm sure you have paperwork from when this item was seized, you have the VIN in the seizure order from the DNR. Post up the VIN, and I'll run it myself and see if the story matches up. Or, give me the case number from the DNR, and I can use that as well. That would end this once and for all...

Just post the VIN, or the case number from the DNR, and I will verify this.

Actually, I'm sure you have paperwork from when this item was seized, you have the VIN in the seizure order from the DNR. Post up the VIN, and I'll run it myself and see if the story matches up. Or, give me the case number from the DNR, and I can use that as well. That would end this once and for all...

Word. My guess is we won't hear from him again but we will see.

I'm more than willing too. I'll run it through NCIC and find out the truth. JD is a stand up dude.