I was told that I am getting to old to ride!

My son and grandson want me to sell them my 1997 Banshee 420 Long Stroke. I live near Ocala Forrest,Fl. And I ride everyother weekend. My wife rides a 1997 Blaster w/ 240 kit. I am 58 and my wife is 57. I have rebuilt to shee 3 times.

My question is when are you too old. And I really do have the need for speed. I am a retired NJSP.

Tell the kids to go build up their own Banshee. They can have it when they can pry your cold dead fingers from the handle bars.

I am 55 and going the other way. I am building up a asphalt drag Banshee.

Just Do What You Like!

my dad bought his first sled in 1967. He turned 65 last october and put almost 2000 miles on his sled last winter. the first day i had my new banshee out this spring, he was almost as hyped to try it out as i was. his buddy's dad quit riding his sled two years ago at the age of 82. granted he didn't ride too fast anymore, and stayed on the groomed trails, but he was sensible enough to know where he was and wasn't comfortable riding anymore.....but it still put a grin on his face.

if you enjoy it, only you'll know when you've had enough. i agree with sheefreak, as long as you're still alert and not a danger to those around you, keep on riding.

in my experience, when people start getting older and their families force them to quit participating in what they love, on alot of occasions they lose that youthful zeal that keeps them sharp and alert.....and also alive.

keep ridng, and happy trails to you and your wife!

I was down at ST. A's a couple years ago and met up with a couple young fellers in their 60's. They were very nice guys, very good riders and very hard to keep up with. We had a great time riding with them for the week we were there. I'm pushing 40 now and hope to be riding like them at their age. You work all your life to get to retirement so you better enjoy it when you get there.

Rebuilt it three times already? That's called love.

I have been riding for a long time, but just recently started to go to big meets, with a lot of quads/dirtbikes. The ages vary widely, but I don't think that I have seen anybody over the age of 45 on a bike. This thread gives me hope that I will be able to ride for a long long time. I say ride till you can't!

If you do happen to be forced to sell the banshee. Make sure you "pass" it down to someone who will take care of it. Then build a badass sand rail!