Klotz Supertechniplate

ive been runnin klotz as long as i can remember. usually about 50:1. never had an issue.

I wish I can run it a little leaner in the mixture, like 40:1 or 50:1. Kevin Herr says to do either 32:1 or 36:1, and I would much rather run it a little bit less. But I will stick with what works.

I ran my bike before the new setup at 40:1 or 45:1. It didn't smoke at all and not a ton of buildup on the stingers.

I get a little smoke here and there now, not much, just when I get on it and it shoots out quick and that's it. But the oil in the silencers before the repack this past week was kind of thick.

But it works and runs good. The builder knows best... I asked him twice about it and he said don't change.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klotz technaplate is great oil ...next id say is castor 927 .. the 927 has more castor base in than the 20% the supertechnaplate offers... it burns dirtier ...both great oils but for best relibaility and overall quality with a clean fast burn it would be the technaplate at 28-1 or 32-1 ...i run it in race gas and in methanol,in my experinace its leaps and bounds better than the rest and i have torn a metric ton of these motors apart

Klotz technaplate is great oil ...next id say is castor 927 .. the 927 has more castor base in than the 20% the supertechnaplate offers... it burns dirtier ...both great oils but for best relibaility and overall quality with a clean fast burn it would be the technaplate at 28-1 or 32-1 ...i run it in race gas and in methanol,in my experinace its leaps and bounds better than the rest and i have torn a metric ton of these motors apart

Some very informative info there... thanks!

Anyone else have anything to add? Or any good or bad experiences?

I used to run Yama-Lube an its good oil but this past April when I went from bone stock an decided to mod my shee I decided from then on I wanted to run KLOTZ,

when I put my cool-head on my pistons an jugs looked amazing, very little carbon on the top of the piston, 15 to 20 hours with yama-lube,

I wanted to run benol but it seperates if you leave it set or if it gets cold so I was told to run super techni-plate,

best stuff ever IMO if I wasnt runnin klotz it would be yama-lube

BTW I have ALWAYS ran 32:1 pn 91 until I got my mods now its 91 & 111 mixed 50/50 @ 32:1 with klotz super techi-plate, it smells good an its a great oil,

hopefully when I get my shee ported the top-end will look almost as good as it did when I ran it on yama-lube.

• 1 month later...

i run klots just for that smell its great. i run it at like 30 to 1..

i also mix oils like was using a other cheaper brand and then switched and bought a couple dirt bikes and never drain the gas i just put in whatever oil i have then and no problems. i dont know why people say not to mix different oils because i have done this forever and no issues. anyone else????

20:1 in my Alky motors and 32:1 in my gas motors. Good stuff

Exactly the ratios I run as well!

And btw, the carbon on the piston is mainly from the gas. Some my argue with me but its just fact. A rich running 4 poke has black pistons. Alky motors have clean pistons, regardless of oil ratio.

I use the stuff... and I love it. I hear great things about it.

I ran it through the bike for a year with my old 2 into 1 setup, and the top end was in awesome shape after I tore it down to have the jugs ported.

In this bike, I never ran anything else. I was considering Castor 927, but never switched. I love the way it smells, and even more, I love how it has all the good lubricants. And it seems to really mix well compared to others I have seen.

But then I hear a few guys talking about how it gums up the works. I remember it was either Jim at Passion, or Jeff at F.A.S.T, that said Klotz motors were some of the ugliest they ever did.

But I didn't see an ugly motor before the teardown. And the guy who had it before me had 20 hours on the top end using Klotz. AndI had some time on it too. A whole summer's worth of riding it on the weekends. The top end looked great, and I was mixing AT THE TIME 40:1 using 100 octane.

I now obviously have a completely different setup, not even the same bike anymore. But still use Klotz Supertech at 32:1 or 36:1 with 105 octane. And the motor runs great.

But what do you guys have to say about this stuff? Is there any downfalls to it? I can't see any myself. But for the guys who use it, or have in the past, what do you guys think? Most seem to think it is good stuff, but it just got me thinking when I remembered the time I read that on here from one of the big time motor builders.

Silkolene by fuchs all the way! 32:1

Exactly the ratios I run as well!

And btw, the carbon on the piston is mainly from the gas. Some my argue with me but its just fact. A rich running 4 poke has black pistons. Alky motors have clean pistons, regardless of oil ratio.

Agreed....Carbon build up with any type of motor 2 or 4 stroke is mostly from improper jetting or from loading the machine up a lot. A properly tuned motor should allow for most of the oil to fall out of suspension before it reaches the combustion chamber.

Don't remember if I came accross this article here or somewhere else but it is pretty good.

http://motorbicycling.com/f30/motorized-bi...-cycle-305.html

Love the smell of klotz, and from what ive seen its a solid oil. I run belray mc-1 at 32:1 with grape scent though, buy that shit through rmatv by the liters and save yourself a dime or two. The prices on mix around here are insane

i run klots just for that smell its great. i run it at like 30 to 1..

i also mix oils like was using a other cheaper brand and then switched and bought a couple dirt bikes and never drain the gas i just put in whatever oil i have then and no problems. i dont know why people say not to mix different oils because i have done this forever and no issues. anyone else????

Be careful when mixing different oils. It's not worth distroying a motor.

At the end of the 2006 race season I had a few gallons of 40:1 Super Techniplate left over and 3/4 gallon of 24:1 Penzoil for the weedeater. In the spring of 2007 I poured both into my twin cylinder riding mower...BIG mistake. Maybe it was because one was synthetic and the other not but the hole fuel system was full of snotty little masses and jelly balls.

Edited by Tedder

I've been using Klotz R50 mixed at 32:1 religiously for pretty much the entire life of my banshee from 1999 to present. I used Yamalube 2-R 32:1 for about 2 months before that and really noticed a difference after the switch.

With the Klotz there was less exhaust smoke, less plug fouling, and an over all better running motor. Not to mention I didn't need to rebuild my top end until last season, that

Edited by AssWhore

Silkolene by fuchs all the way! 32:1

I used Silkolene at first.. Then I realized there was oil out there that was way cheaper and just as good.. Not to mention smells better.. Its good stuff but damn exspensive..

As for the Klotz, I run what my builder recomends.. And thats Klotz, have for several years now and have been VERY happy with the results.. Good stuff.. 40:1 110 mixed with 91.

RIPPEN