Anybody had this issue?

kman96

My motor is a passion 4mill 12port with dual 35mmpwks. the motor runs great, its just the throttle is super stiff. after like 10min on the bike i get arm pump in my right arm b/c the throttle is so stiff. is there anyway to make it easier to push, i am seriously considering going to a 2in1 38mm carb.

Yup, cut the carb springs, and get a NICE new throttle cable. Got mine together last weekend, and the throttle pushes like a stock 400ex. Super comfortable. :thumbsup:

I've got this same problem, but someone recommended to me to grind off some of the material on the spring instead of cutting coils off. This way you ensure that it keeps it's original length, just somethin to think about.

That made no sense at all. Whether you grind some material or cut it...the spring will still get smaller. Did I miss something here? :confused:

My motor is a passion 4mill 12port with dual 35mmpwks. the motor runs great, its just the throttle is super stiff. after like 10min on the bike i get arm pump in my right arm b/c the throttle is so stiff. is there anyway to make it easier to push, i am seriously considering going to a 2in1 38mm carb.

make sure that your cable doesn't have any sharp bends in it. try to make the curves as broad as possible when you route it. i bought an extended thumb throttle from cascade which made a difference as well as cut the slide springs, like the others have mentioned. after doing these things i'm able to ride much longer without the quick thumb fatigue.

how much do the 400ex thumb throttles run?

You can pick used ones up on Ebay for like $25 shipped. You may have to grind a little on the throttle stop in the 400ex throttle to get the slides to open all the way. It is easy to do. I believe somebody posted that they tested the banshee vs 400ex throttle with a fish scale using the same carb and spring setup for both. The stock one was like 6lbs of pull and the 400ex was like 4. It does make a huge difference. And if you don't like the top saying HONDA figure in another $25 or so for a nice billet cover on ebay also.

the idea behind the grinding is to make the spring smaller in diameter hence making it a softer spring. trying to do that would be a real pain in the ass and cutting them sucks too. get some from f.a.s.t. i need to order some myself. replacement with a softer spring is the way to go. terrycable makes a sweet thumb/twist combo with a lockout. i've been thinking about that for awhile. it would be real nice for the long rides even with the softer springs