new T-6s

Trust me all my wheeler has is pipes and filter, it is the second fastest wheeler in town, 1st is a more modded banshee, but i dont want it to blow up, my bros a good mechanic and he said don't touch that damn motor cuz as soon as you do that they loose reliability. The other banshee in town has blown up 3 times and its 8 years newer than mine, mines never been touched as far as the motor goes and its stayin that way unless i move somewhere where i can actually ride with some competition, some of the wheelers i ride with are 4x4s, 200x 3 wheelers, 185s 3 wheelers, tecate 250, honda 250x's, and the most competition is a 450r and I beat that when my wheeler was bone stock, they are not that impressive, i would never buy one, banshees kick ass!!

Trust me all my wheeler has is pipes and filter, it is the second fastest wheeler in town, 1st is a more modded banshee, but i dont want it to blow up, my bros a good mechanic and he said don't touch that damn motor cuz as soon as you do that they loose reliability. The other banshee in town has blown up 3 times and its 8 years newer than mine, mines never been touched as far as the motor goes and its stayin that way unless i move somewhere where i can actually ride with some competition, some of the wheelers i ride with are 4x4s, 200x 3 wheelers, 185s 3 wheelers, tecate 250, honda 250x's, and the most competition is a 450r and I beat that when my wheeler was bone stock, they are not that impressive, i would never buy one, banshees kick ass!!

505523[/snapback]

No offence but your brother sounds like a dumbass....

Of course things loose reliability when you put parts on them that aren't factory. Thats what happens when you push it harder than intended.

I would say your phrase of "blowing up" is insane. Only people that blow stuff up is people who don't know how to jet it and or shouldn't be touching the motor...

If yours is the fastest banshee in town with those gay pipes. my lord..

I'm glad you are enjoying you shee. I once had the T-6 pipes, and I thought they were a great pipe if you didnt plan on doin anything else besides the pipe and air filter.

I had them for about a month when I decided I wanted more power. I called up Toomey and they swapped me pipes free of charge!!

As far as reliability though, I think banshees are one of the most reliable quads. My previous banshee had port and polish and some other goodies and I never touched it once i had it jetted in. If you take the right precautions then you can get a high horsepower engine to last just as long.

Dont want anymore power since the pipes you bought respond very bad to porting.

You should have had a set of T5's :-)

Otherwise I forgot what stock was since I bought mine pre upgraded lol

505491[/snapback]

that comment about the pipes is not true. if the bulider knows what he's doing and knows what pipes you have they will respond very well to porting. I have run the t-5s before and after porting, and still like the t-6s more. they also look better and sound better.

:bolt:

that comment about the pipes is not true. if the bulider knows what he's doing and knows what pipes you have they will respond very well to porting. I have run the t-5s before and after porting, and still like the t-6s more. they also look better and sound better.

:bolt:

508469[/snapback]

I am sorry to say that you are wrong. I talked to Toomey themselves and said the T-6 is solely designed for pipe only set up. The t-5 responds better to porting, if you don't believe me, give them a call.

I am sorry to say that you are wrong.  I talked to Toomey themselves and said the T-6 is solely designed for pipe only set up.  The t-5 responds better to porting, if you don't believe me, give them a call.

508470[/snapback]

I ran the t-5s and t-6s before porting, and the t-6s where better. I ran thet-5s and t-6s after having my cylinders ported and the t-6s pull sooner, and harder. I think that I'm right in my case seeing it's my bike and I ran both pipes. my engine was ported for my mods with t-6 pipes and they pull harder than the t-5s.

but thanks for your opinion on what works better for me. :shootself:banghead

I have also had both pipes.....I had the motor ported and went riding a couple times; even went to the dunes with the t6's....it ran well....I now have t5's and I think it runs better...It hits harder and pulls harder from the mid to the top..., but still has good bottom end. T5's are a better choice for me....D :confused: