TIPS for Jumping

Slayer1018

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all... I'm more of a woods rider, but would like to get into MX. What are some tips for getting good air and decent landings? Any info is much appreciated....

me to just for fun

hay guys what about F shocks everybody's running top of the line ELKA's,

can I get away w/ some lower spec (lack of A better word) elka's or just bite the big one .

I wanta get A-arms & axil but just hitting small jumps w/ A flat landing hirts these old bones

so I/m getting shocks 1st what can I get away with ??

hay guys what about F shocks everybody's running top of the line ELKA's,

can I get away w/ some lower spec (lack of A better word) elka's or just bite the big one .

I wanta get A-arms & axil but just hitting small jumps w/ A flat landing hirts these old bones

so I/m getting shocks 1st what can I get away with ??

I'm running the works AT steeler dual rate shocks without rezzies. I do a little bit of jumping every now and then, and they seem to work fine for that. If I were planning on doing alot of jumping, or catching some big air, I might look into some of the higher priced shocks though. The works shocks are alot easier on the wallet though. I ordered mine directly from works for less than $400.

land on the down hill of something, anything it doesnt matter just dont land flat

the local track i'm starting on w/ very small jumps (some of them are suposed to be doubles but I'm not ready for that yet) so you ether(sp) roll over them or jump slowly & land flat or if to long on the next ramp up OUCH! :baseball_bat:

"I'm running the works AT steeler dual rate shocks without rezzies. I do a little bit of jumping every now and then, and they seem to work fine for that. If I were planning on doing alot of jumping, or catching some big air, I might look into some of the higher priced shocks though. The works shocks are alot easier on the wallet though. I ordered mine directly from works for less than $400."

what's the purpose / benefit of rezzies

Edited by 275hp banshee's

• 4 months later...

Ive been taking it easy on the jumps for a few reasons. 1. I have a bad leg and the stock shock SUUUUUUCK! 2. The Banshee is alot diffrent to jump than my old LT250R. Ive noticed on pretty much every jump I end up picking the front end up a little so I dont land on my front tires or do a nose dive. Ive been getting like 4-5 feet of air and landing flat and its brutal on my leg. Ive found some good downhill landings though so Im gonna try more of them tomorow and friday-sunday. I also push my ass back a bit when I am ready to hit the jump and I land without hitting the seat. It can take some practice. Im new to this too and the best advise I can give you is start small and try to land on a downslope.

Im gonna try to get some footage of me climbing the superbowl and suicide hill this weekend too along with some air.

the local track i'm starting on w/ very small jumps (some of them are suposed to be doubles but I'm not ready for that yet) so you ether(sp) roll over them or jump slowly & land flat or if to long on the next ramp up OUCH! :baseball_bat:

Depends on the size of the doubles. If they are small, just hop the first one and run hard at the second. If they are big, roll the first one and use the down slope to help accelerate hard at the second.

Starting smalll is good advice. Once I got completely comfortable with the banshee, I started small jumps and worked them till I had them nailed and worked my way on to bigger ones. It;s all about knowing your machine...and your limits!

this is about the best advice ever. its the same way with bmx. thats how i know how to jump. i dont do big sh!t but. i am getting up there

steady throttle. Don't bleap the throttle of the lip. Keep a constant throttle and the rest should be natural feeling. If you are in trouble just remember rear brake to bring the front end down and get on the gas to bring the back down.

if you need to use the rear brakes while in flight, does that mean we gotta grab some clutch so the engine doesnt stall?

if you need to use the rear brakes while in flight, does that mean we gotta grab some clutch so the engine doesnt stall?

Yes, you want to grab the clutch to use the back brakes.

If your just starting out, its probably easier to just grab the front brakes instead. They won't drop the front end as fast as the rear brakes, but its easier to just reach a finger out and grab them. Make sure you let off before you land though.