pipes blued on the first run.

as it said....my builder said that its running rich but the pipes blued on the first run bad......almost 8-10 inches. he asked me if i did a top end run and i said yes and he said thats why it did it. he said that he made it rich..........does this sound funny? i have procircuit pipes and a cv kit from trinity

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never experiences a blueing problem with chrome pipes. i have had t5's and rockets and never had an issue with blueing. my brother also has rockets and hes not had a problem. i am not 100% sure what causes this but i would think that if it was running lean it could cause it. there was a lot of debate about this at one time. also, damn near any drag bike you look at with chrome inframes arent blued, and drag bikes are generally run as lean as they can be without blowin them up...so who knows?? seems that this happens most frequently with fmf and pc pipes. i dont think ive ever seen a set of inframe drag pipes blued... :confused:

My pipes have always turned blue. I like to see it but just a little When the mixtures just about right you create enough heat to turn exhaust blue 1150 degrees you can also be lean and have a lower exhaust temp but a higher internal temp, can you say burn holes in pistons...most of the big dogs prolly run lean enough to just be on the ragged edge of piston failure. And then there is alky that spews the extra fuel. Its my opinion that the average two stroke guy runs on the rich side and that as well, will keep the pipes from turning blue and did I mention save your pistons from those little expensive holes.

improper jetting is the main cause of pipes turning blue.i'd say most of the time, pipe blueing is caused by running to rich.it don't really matter who made the pipes,if they are chromed they all have the possibility of turning blue.timing is another factor in pipe blueing.

pc pipes are nickel plated, not chromed out of the factory....nickel plated pipes blue very easily....my wife's bike has pc's and it blued about 5-8 inches right away and it's running very rich....You can even call Pro Circuit and they'll tell you that their pipes will blue right away, it's normal for sure with nickel plating

I read somewhere a while ago that by spraying white heat paint (manifold paint) inside the pipes will prevent blueing. I did it when I bought my CPI's and they never blued at all - I'm not sure if it really helped or if a good chrome plated pipe just doesn't blue.

b4 i went to the vito's pipes i had fatty's on both banshee's and they where both blue about 6 to 8 inch's . i think it mainly has to do with the nickel plate .. i was told i was way to fat on my jetting and that was blue'n mah pipe's, but no it was dead on. i think its mainly the nickel or shity chrome. but ya i can see it blueing your pipes if the jetting is way off ....exhaust temprature definately is a variable tho lol :confused:

If you want to stop this problem and want it done correctly by pros vs having some crappy spray paint on them.

www.hpccoatings.com

All of my pipes are coated 2 and 4 strokes.

My Titanium Yoshi on my 450r turned blueish purple. I found it highly ugly and annoying so I dropped it off at HPC and a week later .. Look @ my Avitar picture....

Basic type handles to 2000F then you go up from there. You can get differnt colors of it also. My Rossier pipe is black....

Here is the rossier

newatv2.jpg

Here is my T5's with the HPC coating

newatv6.jpg

this stuff really work????

im down to try it out..

498028[/snapback]

same here :cheers:

I also have PC pipes and never had a bluing prob maybe its the chrome :drool: