Paddle Tires

Banshee 79

I have skat-trak haulers, when they were mounted the paddles do not line up when you mount them on the quad. They do not not enter the sand at the same time. I noticed on the crest of hills if i nutted it, it would pull in one direction. I was wondering if you guys aligned your paddles or not? Thanks!!!

I do. Just pull off one of the hubs, and spin it until they line up.

430720[/snapback]

yea just pull off one of ur hubs and move it till they line up..i had a buddy that went to a local shop to have paddles put on and to be aligned..i was like why the freak would u do that for whe nu can just turn the hub...he said, "never thougth about that' :wacko:

Sorry, but I have to laugh at this post. Why would it matter if the paddles aren't lined up together? :rotflmao:

Both tires are still turning at the same speed regardless if they're lined up. Think about it. So what if two paddles don't hit the ground at the exact same instant. By the time one leaves the ground the next one makes contact.

I once had a friend - who will remain nameless - say that his bike turns to the right if they aren't lined up together. LAME!

Rooster :dance:

Sorry, but I have to laugh at this post. Why would it matter if the paddles aren't lined up together?  :rotflmao:

probably so both tires hook equally off the line, helping you launch your quad in a forward direction as efficiently as possible. even if it doesn't work as intended, what's the point of being a jackass about it?

This can definitely be a problem. I had a buddy with a 400EX and his paddles were lined up improperly. You could feel it pull a bit on takeoff. It bugged him a lot. We took it to the stealership where he got them and they fixed it. They even said that it was their fault. I bought mine from the same place and they came lined up perfectly.

Mine are just a bit off. I think it's more for looks. It looks a lot better when they are lined up. Especially with Haulers.

another trick I hear, is airing one tire down to a pound or so and then gun it. Should pull the tire a round a little bit.

Sorry, but I have to laugh at this post. Why would it matter if the paddles aren't lined up together?  :rotflmao:

Both tires are still turning at the same speed regardless if they're lined up. Think about it. So what if two paddles don't hit the ground at the exact same instant. By the time one leaves the ground the next one makes contact.

I once had a friend - who will remain nameless - say that his bike turns to the right if they aren't lined up together. LAME!

Rooster  :dance:

435503[/snapback]

actually you are lame. it will most def pull one way or the other if they are not lined up. same as when you have more air in one tire than the other.

Mine are just a bit off.  I think it's more for looks.  It looks a lot better when they are lined up.  Especially with Haulers.

another trick I hear, is airing one tire down to a pound or so and then gun it.  Should pull the tire a round a little bit.

437272[/snapback]

its not for looks, it is functional. you want the same hook at the same time off the line or whenever else for that matter. if they are half a paddle off one tire will start to bite sooner than the other. it only makes perfect sense.

That's weird. In 6 years of riding ONLY Glamis, I have never, no one I know, has ever been "turned" by their offset paddles.

Absolute Bullshit. But hey, i'm sure all that sand riding in Missouri has givin you all the proof YOU need.

It is a looks thing. I ride with some flat out bad ass riders and some of them ride with their paddles out of line.

Maybe I ought to tell them that their setups are wrong.

Ok I will say something here... yes having your paddles not lined up can cause you to pull to one side but the only time it has ever happened to me was going off a jump. The same thing can happen if your paddles are perfectly lined up as well though. Anytime one paddle will have more traction while coming off the face of a jump will throw you around. I have never experienced a bike pulling off to one direction on flat sand if the paddles are not lined up... my paddles aren't lined up right now and I don't really care that they are off by an couple of inches.