Anybody been Riding?

:cheers:

Just got back from a couple days on the Oregon Dunes. Nothing like getting out and riding with a bunch of friends to remind me why I have the 'shee in the garage and not one of the new thumpers.

Weather was spectacular and the sand was in excellent condition, smooth as glass, like water skiing on a lake and finding that glassy smooth cove, perfect. (But we had some wind to deal with, wich doesn't bother me too much). All but one of the bikes ran perfect and no one got hurt.

My buddies she boiled over and was severly hot witin the first five min. of riding. Come to find out his last trip, the plug blew out from the top of the head. I have never heard of such a thing. He put it back in and the bike ran perfect. Wondering if there is a corallation to the overheating issue he is having now though.

Anyone else been riding lately? Got any good "camp fire" race, ride or shop stories?

RJV

Edited by rjvoight

it's too damn hot to ride around here.....high of 116 today... :wacko:

Not supposed to get below 110 for the rest of the week. This just might be a good time to plan a trip up north.. :headbang:

Gotta love those smooth dune!! can't wait to get back to Dunmont!

check out the repairs and mods fourm about the plug comin out..there's been a few post lately about others having the same problem...it happen to me once too. I guess it was a sign of detonation...i went from mxing 91 and 100 octane to just 100 and hasnt come out since... :shrugani:

Went riding this weekend. All night Saturday and Sunday. Sat night there was about 15 of us. One guy got stuck on a Honda 4x4 and he was in DEEP. We got in to lift him out because another quad was trying to pull and it did nothing and we sunk in the mud about up to our waist. Lots of fun+the first time Ive been riding like that in a while. :headbang:

Haven't been since riding in Astoria, IL about 2 months ago. I burned up my stator and another wire. Thats all fixed now but while I had it apart one of the throttle cable retainers flew into the unknown banghead . After checking partsfish and hating the price :angry: , I decided to call up some favors from the guys I work with :evil: . I had a flat drawing engineered from the retainer I had left, cut it on a waterjet out of 22 gauge galvanized, and bent it to design with 2 pairs of pliers. :headbang:

See pic for comparasin. SHEE will live again within the next week! :dance:

we had a great trip. three banshees in the group(minus 1 broke) two YFZs, two Raptors at varying stages of modification and one stock 400ex (ridden by a fearless woman who weighs in at about 105). I got to ride em all and I tell you, as nice and different at they are, every time I got back on my 'shee it just felt like home. then I get to talking bout mods and how much money we all had into our bikes and I thought wow, for less than half the money I am beating some and hanging with the other guys. I love my Banshee!!

Florence has a bunch of hill climbs that drop down into the trees right next to the water line, they are a blast. Straight down, couple hard turns and straight up. Nothing comes out of those climbs like a banshee. My bike, with the relatively mild mods I have done, I start in second and grab third, It is just a rush to come wheeling out of the trees back into the sun at who knows what speeed, man I am ready to go again and I just got home :D

I got a couple vid clips but can't get them to post, if I get it figured out I will set them up here cause this is where the thread is. Take care you all and keep the rubber side down, unless you are doing a back flip.......

RJV

i ride atleast 2 times a month...it dosnt matter if its 119 out i ride at night when it cools off a bit..and october to april im in the dunes every weekend i can be..summer time im all about night rides..i cant go more than 2 weeks without riding..and as all you married guys well know it has become possiable to go with out sex longer than it is to go with out riding

I went riding about 3 days ago at the this place called Cortner Street. It's an awesome place to ride. It's paved and straight, curbs on both sides, a field on one side and a row of houses on the other... Perfect place to test run your bike after you get it out the shop after 3 weeks and it's still won't run worst a s**t. Waste of $500

i ride atleast 2 times a month...it dosnt matter if its 119 out i ride at night when it cools off a bit

We don't get that luxury here.... Saturday night 11pm 95 degrees still...I'll just wait....

edit..haha...it's 104 F at 11PM....

plus it gives me time to get her ready for fall riding at Dumont... :cheers:

Edited by Otis

I took a bunch of pictures the other day and when i read this thread I figured id whip up a page showing my little adventure. The time was 7pm and it was getting sorta dark outside, my camera sucks to begin with so the combo of low light and crappy camera makes for some ugly pictures, but check it out anyways. Central Pennsylvania, July 12th.

Hope you enjoy my playground......

http://www.thebansheezone.com/July12thRide.htm

9.jpg

nice pics,MEAt ive gotta ask about another coalfest type of ride.id like to come up there and give those hills a run.

well as for me,me and the wife just came back from the hatfeild&mccoy trails in west virginia.we had a blast.we went down for the dirtdays festiville.i met a few HQ'ers Rattlehead and another but cant remember his screen name.we stayed right at the rolling thunder extreme park witch had 300ft drags and a huge hill climb.i spent all of thursday,friday and saterday night dragging.it was sharp as shit.there was about 300 quads,alot of hybrids.one that is sick was a hayabusa banshee.that thing ripped and it was on nitrous.i was running a consistant 5.6 sec.the first night out,but after trail riding and crudding up the filters i dropped down to a 6.0 .all in all we had fun and had a chance to meet alot of cool hillbillys :) i can tell you one thing they know how to tune a shee in the mountains down there.esepecially on alcohol.i never new that it was that easy.ive got video's of everything but dont know how to get it from a VHS-c to a disc.does anyone know?

heres the link to the place we stayed

ROLLING THUNDER XTREME PARK

Edited by superchicken

Went to Waynoka to the dunes last Thursday the 14th for the weekend and the 1st ride twenty minutes out my buddy breaks his new Vitos crank! Broke right off at the end of the taper with the crank bearing, seal and flywheel attached. Never seen that happen before. :blink:

I get home Sunday and my right side top D arm is cracked halfway around, kinda glad I didn't go for one last night ride!

Other than the unusual breakdowns we had a great time, and rode with HoleshotKid his fam, and Super88_Banshee. :cheers:

Edited by BdBanshee