DeTuning cub motors...

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was readin around on PS today and came upon this statement...here is Backcountry's post...

he talks about DETUNING them... :lol:

like i said, just thought it was funny... :D

382179[/snapback]

Tyler,

I don't know if your trying to start shit or what. Talking shit behind someones back that has years more knowledge than you is flat out stupid. Yeah I got into with you on that Trail Cub post and it's funny how all your little backers come running to defend you when someone calls you out. I've said this before and so have others... this site is going down hill I believe it's from people like you. If you don't believe it why have you joined Planet Sand with all your "buddies"? Was it because you don't want to deal with stupid posts or is it because you want to learn more about building fast bikes? Maybe it was so you can try to push more builders or products on people of that site (the guys there liked your posts about Rocket Pipes didn't they?)... who knows, I sure don't.

Now before all you Tyler supporters come in here and bitch to me, why don't you let Tyler post his opinion.

I guess I'll go back into exile until you reply. I better watch out he's a big bad moderator here...

Tyler,

I don't know if your trying to start shit or what. Talking shit behind someones back that has years more knowledge than you is flat out stupid. Yeah I got into with you on that Trail Cub post and it's funny how all your little backers come running to defend you when someone calls you out. I've said this before and so have others... this site is going down hill I believe it's from people like you. If you don't believe it why have you joined Planet Sand with all your "buddies"? Was it because you don't want to deal with stupid posts or is it because you want to learn more about building fast bikes? Maybe it was so you can try to push more builders or products on people of that site (the guys there liked your posts about Rocket Pipes didn't they?)... who knows, I sure don't.

Now before all you Tyler supporters come in here and bitch to me, why don't you let Tyler post his opinion.

I guess I'll go back into exile until you reply. I better watch out he's a big bad moderator here...

382458[/snapback]

I didn't catch the part of Tyler talking shit....I only saw where he re-iterated what Dan had already said. :confused: Seems like you're just trying to stir the pot of shit back up.

And for the record, I'm not some "Tyler supporter"....I read what he says and make my own opinion of it. Whether or not you agree with what he has to say, most of the time he is right.

backcountry (Dan at patriot racing) is only like one of the most reputable builders in the NW.  by detune, I think he means shifting the HP curve to a lower RPM to give you more low end torque.

382384[/snapback]

What are you, like, a valley girl or somthing? Like, who really cares about your interpretation of ,like, someone else's retarded modification.

Modding cubs to produce low end power is,like, putting a Dana 44 under a

Porche.

Or, like, swapping a V8 for a straight six.

Or ,like, closing your eyes when your girlfriend changes her shirt.

This site IS over modded. I can agree with that.

if these builders are so great why dont they post some of their shit up  :confused:

382519[/snapback]

It's not the builders that are being "de-graded", it's the fact that people are buying a race engine and having them de-tuned so they can ride them in the woods. The builders are only doing what they are asked to do, it's the people blowing the money on a thousand + dollar top end only to have it tamed so they can ride through trails that's funny and pointless IMO. In another perspective, it's like buying a high end sports car and immediately pulling 4 spark plugs out so it's easier to drive :blink:

I don't think anyone's knocking any engine builders, we're just bewildered why someone would buy a cub engine and intentionally want to have it's performance hindered right of the bat.

:cheers:

you want a mono block and all the benefits that come with it, with a modern port layout, nicasil bore, and want to use all your stock perf. parts and you ride woods. you dont have the money for a cheatah. What do you do? you get some cubs and detune them a bit i guess! Im not sure how detuning something to make it better became a bad thing, although Im not sure why people would want to ride a banshee in the woods either! :P

What are you, like, a valley girl or somthing? Like, who really cares about your interpretation of ,like, someone else's retarded modification.

Modding cubs to produce low end power is,like, putting a Dana 44 under a

Porche.

Or, like, swapping a V8 for a straight six.

Or ,like, closing your eyes when your girlfriend changes her shirt.

This site IS over modded. I can agree with that.

382525[/snapback]

my point, fuckface, is that this site seems more a popularity contest than it is a forum for learning about banshee performance. i thought that a mod would have a bit more class than that as to bash someone from behind the scenes here where he is popular. notice that he didn't post jack shit in the forum it was originally posted in. i come here to learn about the shit in my garage, period, not make friends or swap spit in the showers. if i cared about what you personally thought of me, i'd post pics of my gf on my quads and get the thumbs up from everyone too.

dan will forget more than most people on this site will ever learn about 2 stroke motors, and it was a classless thing to do.

my point, fuckface, is that this site seems more a popularity contest than it is a forum for learning about banshee performance.  i thought that a mod would have a bit more class than that as to bash someone from behind the scenes here where he is popular.  notice that he didn't post jack shit in the forum it was originally posted in.  i come here to learn about the shit in my garage, period, not make friends or swap spit in the showers.  if i cared about what you personally thought of me, i'd post pics of my gf on my quads and get the thumbs up from everyone too.

dan will forget more than most people on this site will ever learn about 2 stroke motors, and it was a classless thing to do.

382538[/snapback]

Why don't you suck Dan's dick somewhere else you piece of shit.

The mod is stupid for all the above posted reasons. I am no locogato cheerleader. Ask him, he will tell you. You would know that if you spent any amount of time on here. But when he is right, he is right.

That mod is dumb. Patriot is just trying to come up with somthing new for all the "gotta have the latest" crowd. Congratufuckinlations. It doesn't make it a worthwhile mod just because the great DAN did it.

Lets see how well they sell, you fuck. When your boy Dan looses HIS ass

trying to give a Banshee the low-end of a 450, maybe you can sell YOUR ass on a street corner to cover his losses.

CLASS????????

This isn't the fuckin' Waldorf-Astoria, you shmuck. We are talkin' about ATVs here. If you come here to learn about the shit in your garage, you came to the wrong place. Go to home depot. Its called a hot water heater.

And as for spit swapping in the shower, keep your fantasies to yourself.

Patriot's shit don't impress me. I've beat more than my fair share of his bikes.

AND I RUN A FUCKIN SPORT PORT!!!!!!!!!! Hows them apples, fuckface?

Ok ,here's my input.I have one of Dan's motors.Dan knows what application will be best for what your looking for! If he recomends decked cubs with less port timeing,Then thats how i'd spend my money. A couple very respected members here,have ridden my bike+will tell ya too.My set up flat out hauls ass!! It has unbelieveable pull throughout the whole rpm scale.

Ok ,here's my input.I have one of Dan's motors.Dan knows what application will be best for what your looking for! If he recomends decked cubs with less port timeing,Then thats how i'd spend my money. A couple very respected members here,have ridden my bike+will tell ya too.My set up flat out hauls ass!! It has unbelieveable pull throughout the whole rpm scale.

382555[/snapback]

Let me guess......dans shit rips?

I've heard it all before. Bring it to Glamis. It's not that fast.

Dude needs to not talk shit. Especially under a 60 post fake name.

Is that you danny boy???????????

Shameless self promotion???? Protecting the franchise????