DeTuning cub motors...

was readin around on PS today and came upon this statement...here is Backcountry's post...

JMHO- the Cub cylinders have a ton of exhaust area- too much in fact for most pipes but large volume high rev'ing pipes like CPI or Shearer. Ive recently set-up a few Cub motors for the trail riding guys that I decked the cylinder base to drop the port timings down.

Overall the Cubbies are awesome- just having to detune them a little for the trail guys. The couple early versions we dropped the cylinders on have been very awesome motors- the pull is extreme bottom to top!

he talks about DETUNING them... :lol:

like i said, just thought it was funny... :D

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of detuning the edges of a snowboard,

I have heard of a detuned guitar,

But why in hell would you buy high performance parts, and then lower the performance on the high performance parts that you paid alot for?

One more thing, why are woods riders so damn wacky? :huh:

woods riding is great it increases your reaction time alot because your always dodgeing things, and turning, sliding, goin over shit, climbing hills, chasing furry woodland creatures

i dont see how you guys can ride in the dunes all u can do is ride @ WOT all the time :D

woods riding is great it increases your reaction time alot because your always dodgeing things, and turning, sliding, goin over shit, climbing hills, chasing furry woodland creatures

i dont see how you guys can ride in the dunes all u can do is ride @ WOT all the time  :D

382261[/snapback]

its easy, just pin it and hope the dune doesnt drop off TOO far. :)

And when it does remember one thing, and one thing only. Jump the fuck off the bike as quick as you can.

:angry:

382338[/snapback]

I prefer to go down with my ship. Sand will snap ankles realquick.